Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham Waitlist Thread (Notifications Off WL)  (Read 6423 times)

joe1234

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fordham Waitlist Thread (Notifications Off WL)
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 12:14:40 PM »
i just sent the 2nd deposit today to fordham. hopefully though i will get off one of my waitlists which should free up a spot for one of you guys  :) good luck to us all!

deo23

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 04:36:47 PM »
when was the second deposit due? is there a third deposit or is that it?

GothamBaller22

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 01:49:57 AM »
Hey guys,

What is your take on the following situation?

I was waitlisted about a week ago, and I can choose to be considered for either PT or FT. If I choose "either," and a FT spot becomes available, would it hurt me that I chose either? In other words, if a PT spot becomes available and then they "call my bluff" on it, I am basically obligated to take the PT spot (I suppose I am since they would shy away from trusting my willingness to enroll). Thanks in advance for your responses, I know we are all in a Prisoner's Dilemma together but I think the anonymity of this forum combats that a bit. Cheers.

Gotham

joe1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 03:01:34 PM »
depending on what your options are, and if you really want to go to fordham, choose either, and then take whatever they give you. sometimes a backdoor is the only way to go. just choose either and hope you get in, everything else is secondary.

Sk123

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 06:33:34 PM »
So... anything yet???

mrdunson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 12:20:56 AM »
Another spot should open up this week.  Good luck.

In Infernos Dicet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 10:32:32 AM »
Reports indicate that Fordham will not be resorting to its WL yet. I'm guessing a lot more people accepted their offer than they expected. That bump in the ranking certainly didn't help :(

KnoxHarrington

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 09:08:45 AM »
Reports indicate that Fordham will not be resorting to its WL yet. I'm guessing a lot more people accepted their offer than they expected. That bump in the ranking certainly didn't help :(

Spot on. I just got an email before work this morning that said:

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience as I know many of you have contacted the office with calls and emails regarding your status on the wait list.  I understand what you are going through and I will do what I can to provide you with as much information about our wait list as possible.

Second deposits are in, and I must inform you that as of right now, there are no additional seats.  Based upon  our previous experiences, we do anticipate going to the wait list in a limited capacity throughout the summer months.

Since many of you share similar academic qualities, our wait list is unranked.  As space becomes available all wait listed candidates will be re-evaluated and the selected candidate(s) will be immediately notified.  In order to maintain a manageable wait list, some of you may receive an unfavorable decision as early as next week.

I will provide you with more information as it becomes available.  If you have made alternate plans, please contact me.  Again, thank you for your patience.  Good luck!"

Looks pretty bleak...

Sk123

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 09:16:17 AM »
Yep... got the same email...

In Infernos Dicet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 09:20:32 AM »
Same email for me. Hopes dashed  :(

Spot on. I just got an email before work this morning that said:

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience as I know many of you have contacted the office with calls and emails regarding your status on the wait list.  I understand what you are going through and I will do what I can to provide you with as much information about our wait list as possible.

Second deposits are in, and I must inform you that as of right now, there are no additional seats.  Based upon  our previous experiences, we do anticipate going to the wait list in a limited capacity throughout the summer months.

Since many of you share similar academic qualities, our wait list is unranked.  As space becomes available all wait listed candidates will be re-evaluated and the selected candidate(s) will be immediately notified.  In order to maintain a manageable wait list, some of you may receive an unfavorable decision as early as next week.

I will provide you with more information as it becomes available.  If you have made alternate plans, please contact me.  Again, thank you for your patience.  Good luck!"

Looks pretty bleak...