Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: recomender volunteers info  (Read 3503 times)

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
recomender volunteers info
« on: September 16, 2004, 03:09:02 PM »
i asked one of my professors today to write me a lor.  we obviously then got talking about law schools, lsats, and gpa stuff.  i mentioned how i was never a good standardized test taker and both my lsat and sat scores were in similar lower ranges then they should have, yet my academic standing from both hs and college has not changed are were both higher then my test scores would make you think.  He volunteered to mention this fact that my test scores are not in accordance with my ability in my rec as long as i reminded him.  Do you guys think this is something worth mentioning or should I try to ask him to just focus more on my schoolwork and what he knows about me?

nathanielmark

Re: recomender volunteers info
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 03:10:33 PM »
this sounds like an obvious ploy to me and i doubt its going to convince anyone of anything.  letter would be more effective if you left it out, IMO

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 03:22:20 PM »
i agree.  Your prof should be writing about you, your relationship with him, your performance in his courses, not about your standardized test scores.

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 05:16:31 PM »
ok thats kind of what i was thinking- id rather the school make that conclusion thru the other stuff the prof writes instead of him coming out and saying it

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 04:16:55 AM »
3.9 ?  Never took a standardized test?
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..