Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone ever been Dinged T4 after T1 $$$ ?  (Read 1815 times)

WaveLaw

• View Profile
Anyone ever been Dinged T4 after T1 $$$ ?
« on: April 21, 2007, 03:34:12 PM »
wah

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever been Dinged T4 after T1 $$$ ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 03:37:47 PM »
Yield protection...

See you at Tulane!

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 03:41:25 PM »
ummmmmmm...get in where you fit in.  NC Centrals avg. LSAT is like 145 maybe?  It serves a certain segment of the population I guess you are not a part of.    

People complain about URMS getting lower LSATS but getting into higher ranked schools, but then when they go to schools they are "supposed" to go to, strictly by numbers I guess, people complain then too.  or maybe just joke about it....at any rate, in poor taste.  
The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 03:44:38 PM »
COME ON...

It was obviously a joke and not that bad of one really...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 03:52:23 PM »
"It was obviously a joke and not that bad of one really..."

I figured it was a joke, and acknowledged as much in my initial response. 

And since you are the arbiter of humour for everyone, I just laughed belatedly.  Because you said I should.  Thanks for the laugh.  I needed to lighten up anyway right?  I suppose that was your point. 

@wavelaw

botbots not your freind in this.  PEACE   

The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 04:19:53 PM »
@wavelaw

botbots not your freind in this.  PEACE   

??? ???

PEACE FREINDS!  ;)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 05:17:32 PM »
"They didn't give me a shot to choose for myself, when I clearly showed a genuine interest and had the numbers. My LSAT is over 160 and my PS was decent, to say the least. I support the idea that Central gives opportunity to URMs, I really do. I am just frustrated that I know alot of white frat-boys with lesser numbers and less genuine interest in the school that got in. To me, that part of it smells like yield protection."

your jokes don't do you justice.  Clearly you are a decent sort of fellow.  It smells to me like maybe you should have wrote a why Central essay.  It certainly doesn't smell like yeild protection, more like a: he-is-not-a-good-fit-perhaps-this-seat-is-better-suited-for-someone-who-may-end-up-going-to-no-law-school-at-all-if-we-don't-accept-him, rejection, and, why-make-those-kids-wait-possibly-all-summer-for-a-waitlist-decision-by accepting-people-who-won't-end-up-going-anyway.  yeah, speaking more to the yeild protection theory, I wonder what they are protecting.  Tier 4,hmph...  Are they afraid something strange might happen with the alphabet and another Tier 4 school that begins with "O" might move ahead of them on the US News list?

When you two are rebuilding New Orleans together some sensitivity and tact may be in order when dealing with the locals.  re-PEACE

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 05:25:58 PM »
Am I another in the sad trail of white males to be ignored by the SYSTEM?   ;)

I support the idea that Central gives opportunity to URMs, I really do. I am just frustrated that I know alot of white frat-boys with lesser numbers and less genuine interest in the school that got in. To me, that part of it smells like yield protection.

It was probably yield protection, but race and gender have nothing to do with yield protection.  Do you think you were denied (at least in some minute part) because you're a white male?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 05:58:55 PM »
"It was probably yield protection"

isn't yeild a ratio of the amount of people who enroll to the amount of people who get accepted?  isn't "yeild protection", as the phrase is commonly used, something done to protect rankings as it is a criterion measured by US News?  Someone explain how this is yeild protection.  Maybe applicant protection, as in making it easier for people who really want to go to Central and may have no other law school options due to their numbers or otherwise.  But not yeild protection, such is the domain of number 22 trying to reach number 19 don't you think?

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 06:52:50 PM »
It is YP because someone with WaveLaw's numbers is probably not going to end up at the school, so the school denies him acceptance.  This ups their selectivity and increases their yield rate.