Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Richmond?  (Read 859 times)

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Richmond?
« on: April 20, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »
So, I just got a call from the dean saying I'm off the wait list. I've already decided on Pitt, but just to be sure, am I passing something up here? I know the campus is beautiful, but I sort of blocked out any data after their non-decision on my file.
University of Pittsburgh, Class of 2010 :-)

acelaw

• View Profile
Re: Richmond?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:44:06 PM »
I am currently waitlisted at Richmond. The campus is absolutely beautiful.  I think it really depends on where you want to practice after you graduate and how much each will cost.

Do you mind sharing your numbers? Also, did you write an LOCI or visit? Thanks!

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:51:01 PM »
My LSAT was 158, and I have a 3.62. I really like Pitt, and I have yet to visit Richmond. To be honest, I forgot I was on their wait list, so I never wrote an LOCI...how sad is that? I was shocked to get a call!

acelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 11:57:49 PM »
I have been to the school to visit friends. I haven't actually toured the law school but it is on the main campus and it is beautiful. I have heard good things about the school from friends who have attended for undergrad.

*** I edited my last post.  I misread your initial post. Sorry!  :)

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 12:01:26 AM »
S'all good. Yeah, I have a friend who goes there for UGrad and I've seen pictures...Wow. I live in NJ, and not even Princeton compares with that. I'm just concerned about placement outside of VA. I mean, I have nothing against living/working down south, but some degree of mobility would be good. I've heard UoR is really regional, and I have no family/friends in the area.

acelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 12:11:54 AM »
Well, if you don't mind working in the region for a little while you should be able to relocate eventually.  I am from Virginia and plan on staying. I have lived in northern VA and southern VA but never Richmond.  Did the dean give you a deadline to let them know your decision?

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 12:14:28 AM »
So, I just got a call from the dean saying I'm off the wait list. I've already decided on Pitt, but just to be sure, am I passing something up here? I know the campus is beautiful, but I sort of blocked out any data after their non-decision on my file.

richmond is a miserable racist little town.

avoid it at all costs...
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 12:20:04 AM »
Well, if you don't mind working in the region for a little while you should be able to relocate eventually.  I am from Virginia and plan on staying. I have lived in northern VA and southern VA but never Richmond.  Did the dean give you a deadline to let them know your decision?

She left a voicemail telling me to call her, so I'm assuming that I'm off the WL. She said something like, "I really hope you call back soon...yadda yadda." It would be funny if I dialed up and she was like, "Oh, psych...we don't want you!" Haha.

Yeah, I know nothing about Virginia. My great-grandmother was born in Richmond like a 100 years ago, and that was my last Southern relative. We're all in NJ/NY now, which means I'm clueless.

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 12:20:39 AM »

richmond is a miserable racist little town.

avoid it at all costs...

Is it über conservative?

acelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 12:33:03 AM »
I don't know much about the law school's political leaning.  I have heard the the undergrad is pretty balanced.

Is there anyway that you would be able to visit the school before making a decision?