Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What Should I Say?  (Read 860 times)

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
What Should I Say?
« on: April 20, 2007, 03:12:03 PM »
I want to call one of my WL schools to tell them I am still interested. I have heard that this helps, and it certainly can't hurt. I already sent in my LOCI about a week ago, but it feels like I'm not doing enough.

It sounds easy enough, but what would be the smoothest way to get the point across over the phone, other than to say, "I really want to go to your school"? What should I say? Is it okay to ask if they have accepted people off of their WL already, etc?

Just looking for some feedback, thanks! :)

Nart

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What Should I Say?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 03:14:20 PM »
Tag

bam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 03:45:46 PM »
I was actually just talking to my dad about this. My situation is similar to yours -- I sent in a LOCI a couple of weeks ago, and the deposit deadline just passed this week, so I feel like I should make contact again, but I have nothing new to say! I might call just to say, hi, I am still really interested, and I am curious how many spots you have open right now, and when you expect to begin accepting off the waitlist. For this one particular school, I will definitely go if they accept me, so I'll remind them of that. I am curious if anyone has any other advice.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 04:00:47 PM »
Aren't most seat deposits due May 1?

All of us WL folk will be waiting until at least a couple weeks beyond that.

I'd suggest doing it a few days or so before this group then :)

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 04:44:25 PM »
I see what you are saying, J.  I will definitely wait a bit to call. It's not really the timing I'm wondering about so much as WHAT to say when I do call. :)Thanks everyone who gave advice so far.

just call me elle

• Sr. Citizen
  • pink, puppies, Crimson, and I belong together
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 06:30:12 PM »
if they're your first choice, just tell them plainly something like, "I'm really excited about ... Law School and would absolutely attend if I got in. When can I expect to hear?"

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 09:09:51 PM »
Makes sense to me. Thanks :)

Camaro_Kyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 11:27:34 AM »
I called a week after I sent a LOCI to my number one school. I simply told them I wanted to confirm that they received the letter, then asked if I could do anything else.  The woman working in the Admission office was very kind and told me that if I didn't have anything new to update them on, then I should just wait.  As long as you don't bombard them with calls and  letters then they shouldn't mind a call or two.
Good luck!

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 12:32:17 PM »
if they're your first choice, just tell them plainly something like, "I'm really excited about ... Law School and would absolutely attend if I got in. When can I expect to hear?"

I would not suggest asking a question that you know for a fact there is no answer to.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 01:34:55 PM »

I would not suggest asking a question that you know for a fact there is no answer to.

I would think that any excuse to call could be useful, as long as you're polite and don't call too often.