Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS Class of 2010!!!  (Read 76455 times)

stjobs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HLS Class of 2010!!!
« Reply #660 on: August 18, 2007, 03:44:15 PM »
I think you're fine. They haven't been disbursed yet, so technically still count as anticipated.
HLS 2010

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #661 on: August 18, 2007, 04:51:45 PM »
I think they don't disburse until the 5th? Or did I dream this?

@#!* ALL THIS MONEY *&^%.

Ahem. Sorry.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »
So I have a hot pink bike and matching helmet if any 1Ls want one.  My partner tried to sell it on Craigslist for $100 but both buyers ended up flaking at the last minute.  The price is the same for helmet, bike, and lock.  It's in good shape.  PM me in the next few days or I'll relist it on Craigslist.

Judge Elihu Smails

• Nulli Secundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 19, 2007, 02:31:55 AM »
So I have a hot pink bike and matching helmet if any 1Ls want one.  My partner tried to sell it on Craigslist for $100 but both buyers ended up flaking at the last minute.  The price is the same for helmet, bike, and lock.  It's in good shape.  PM me in the next few days or I'll relist it on Craigslist.

Isn't that a little stereotypical queerbait?

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #664 on: August 19, 2007, 09:53:10 AM »
Gothefuckaway.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

virginie dupont

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 19, 2007, 01:45:46 PM »
I have an additional loan from MEFA too and the fin aid office told me everything was set, but this month's bill is showing a balance less these additional loans.  I really hope everything will be settled by the time the disbursement checks are given. I read somewhere they were to be given out August 30th during registration.

Electric Counterpoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #666 on: August 20, 2007, 05:29:58 AM »
I have an additional loan from MEFA too and the fin aid office told me everything was set, but this month's bill is showing a balance less these additional loans.  I really hope everything will be settled by the time the disbursement checks are given. I read somewhere they were to be given out August 30th during registration.

Yep, that's my situation exactly. I think the Fin Aid office hasn't been made aware of my GradPLUS loan with MEFA, even though I filled out the online form. Probably have to sort it out during orientation...
Former mostly-anonymous admissions cycle blogger. Current law student.

cassise

• Sr. Citizen
  • To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #667 on: August 20, 2007, 02:39:35 PM »
I wonder what steps the administration could actually take to get profs to scale back their coursework to match the credit decrease.

Something tells me that there isn't going to be 20 percent less work in each of the old classes.

icequeen

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 20, 2007, 02:53:56 PM »
I wonder what steps the administration could actually take to get profs to scale back their coursework to match the credit decrease.

Something tells me that there isn't going to be 20 percent less work in each of the old classes.

We're definitely going to do a lot more work than previous 1L classes.  Glad someone else realized this

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 20, 2007, 03:02:34 PM »

We're definitely going to do a lot more work than previous 1L classes.  Glad someone else realized this

Perhaps, but 1L isn't as much work as people make it out to be.  Especially at HLS, which really gives you lots of time to pursue organizations, journals, you name it.  As far as I could tell, HLS gave out less work then any of its peer schools.  But yeah, you very well may have more.