Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS Class of 2010!!!  (Read 75353 times)

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: HLS Class of 2010!!!
« Reply #610 on: August 15, 2007, 11:59:08 AM »
OK---so I'm still trying to understand why HLS makes it so difficult for its students to get their book lists earlier.

Do you think it'd be awful if I wrote our Section Leader and asked him if it'd be possible for him to send me the book list (and that I, in turn, would post it on this site and on HL Central for other Section 2 students who might be interested?).

I mean, am I just going crazy now?

There is no reason to get your books early other than buying them slightly more cheaply on half.com or wherever.  Relax people.  I'm still trying to find a diplomatic way to provide a strongly differing opinion on Meltzer (grace and restraint not being my strong skills).

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ViolaLovesMusic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #611 on: August 15, 2007, 12:14:32 PM »
OK---so I'm still trying to understand why HLS makes it so difficult for its students to get their book lists earlier.

Do you think it'd be awful if I wrote our Section Leader and asked him if it'd be possible for him to send me the book list (and that I, in turn, would post it on this site and on HL Central for other Section 2 students who might be interested?).

I mean, am I just going crazy now?

There is no reason to get your books early other than buying them slightly more cheaply on half.com or wherever.  Relax people.  I'm still trying to find a diplomatic way to provide a strongly differing opinion on Meltzer (grace and restraint not being my strong skills).

Which profs did you have?  I'm interested in any thoughts you have, whether tempered by grace and restraint or not.
Harvard 2010

caribelita

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #612 on: August 15, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »
There is no reason to get your books early other than buying them slightly more cheaply on half.com or wherever.  Relax people.

Well, seeing as I'm a single mom and my student budget for this year alone is nearly $90,000, saving a little bit of money might be of higher importance to me.  Financially-speaking, I'll have much more to pay back in loans than most students, and I'm trying to take out the minimum amount of loans possible to survive.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 15, 2007, 12:30:42 PM »
Which profs did you have?  I'm interested in any thoughts you have, whether tempered by grace and restraint or not.

I had the same profs as Bass, as well as Duncan Kennedy and Jeanne Charn for my elective.  I'm more interested in talking about the relative merits (or in Meltzer's case, lack thereof) of the section leaders.  Bass's opinion is one that I value highly, but as far as comparisons to other section leaders, I really don't know where he gets his information.  Sorry future section 2, but I have bad news.

caribelita

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #614 on: August 15, 2007, 12:32:11 PM »
Sorry future section 2, but I have bad news.

Why, what's wrong with Meltzer and the other Section 2 profs, in your opinion?

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #615 on: August 15, 2007, 01:38:53 PM »
Spaulding, come talk *&^% with us.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ViolaLovesMusic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #616 on: August 15, 2007, 01:40:29 PM »
Spaulding, come talk *&^% with us.

Exactly.  No one's *&^% is more incisive (or amusing) than Spaulding's...
Harvard 2010

Jumper

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 15, 2007, 02:46:01 PM »
Any insights into Section 3's professors?

Omaha8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 15, 2007, 02:56:01 PM »
Did you guys get locker assignments today? N-105 here.  Any neighbors?

cassise

• Sr. Citizen
  • To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #619 on: August 15, 2007, 03:49:48 PM »
Lockers are for off campus students only right?

I was looking through the old pages and I cant find the HL central link, can somebody post it.

Sorry, very lazy and drugged up atm.