Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS Class of 2010!!!  (Read 76442 times)

Electric Counterpoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HLS Class of 2010!!!
« Reply #520 on: August 08, 2007, 04:09:48 PM »
Is moving in at the end of the month really cutting it that close?

I think you'll be fine.  There'll be a couple of hundred others doing the same thing!

Thirded. Aaaand, I'll be out of the country by the time the section announcements go out, so I'll have a week or less to buy my books and do all the first-day reading. I'm doing my best not to freak out.

Former mostly-anonymous admissions cycle blogger. Current law student.

Omaha8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 08, 2007, 04:13:21 PM »
Do we get all our books at the law school bookstore (it seems so small in there to carry books for hundreds of courses)?  And do all the classes typically have 1st day reading assignments?

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 08, 2007, 05:47:55 PM »
Hi all.  I've been an absentee troll this summer.  I'm going to respond to Bass's comments regarding the professors we shared (living in the midwest has warped his judgment) but first I wanted to give a shout out to whomever has already moved to Cambridge.  I've passed at least two people wearing HLS gear that I assume are 0Ls getting ready for the year.  So if people are bored or need suggestions on where to get things, feel free to send me a PM.  I live between Harvard and Inman but I split my time between there and Davis, where my partner lives (so if you have questions about Somerville, shoot them this way).

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #523 on: August 08, 2007, 06:55:31 PM »
Ooh, do either you or your partner have a dog and where would you recommend looking for off-campus housing with a dog?

Thanks!

Also, which do you like better - Davis or Inman, and is it a pain not being right next to campus?

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ViolaLovesMusic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #524 on: August 08, 2007, 08:45:22 PM »
Is moving in at the end of the month really cutting it that close?

I think you'll be fine.  There'll be a couple of hundred others doing the same thing!

I'm on the exact same schedule as deepthought

Me too.  Thus facilitating our identity switch, if necessary.  :P
Harvard 2010

cassise

• Sr. Citizen
  • To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #525 on: August 08, 2007, 10:29:09 PM »
If any of you are good with computers, I read on the website they will furnish a copy of office, how do we go about getting that?

Additionally, do I need to do anything to make my computer able to work on the wireless server?

Thanks.

stjobs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #526 on: August 08, 2007, 11:46:11 PM »
The campus network only requires your HUID and PIN for access.
HLS 2010

The Gabriel Gray Fan Club

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 09, 2007, 12:17:27 AM »
If any of you are good with computers, I read on the website they will furnish a copy of office, how do we go about getting that?

Additionally, do I need to do anything to make my computer able to work on the wireless server?

Thanks.

From IT's Student Services section:

Need a copy of Microsoft Office?  Visit the Student Computer Lab in the basement of Hauser Hall when you arrive on campus to install our Law School sponsored license of Microsoft Office 2003.  These kiosks will be available mid August.  Any questions regarding the Office Initiative can be directed to the Student Help Desk, help@law.harvard.edu or 617 495-9576.

cassise

• Sr. Citizen
  • To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #528 on: August 09, 2007, 02:44:15 AM »

Thanks.

From IT's Student Services section:

Need a copy of Microsoft Office?  Visit the Student Computer Lab in the basement of Hauser Hall when you arrive on campus to install our Law School sponsored license of Microsoft Office 2003.  These kiosks will be available mid August.  Any questions regarding the Office Initiative can be directed to the Student Help Desk, help@law.harvard.edu or 617 495-9576.

Nice.  Guess I should have looked around the website some more.

Princessa1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 09, 2007, 06:48:06 AM »
has anyone figured out yet how the whole buying a computer thing works with your student budget...? somebody said something about them deducting it from your student contribution? does this mean you get that much more aid?

i am currently abroad too and trying to figure everything out from here. not going to be back in the country until the 28th..but it's worth it
Harvard Law School, Class of 2010!