Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS Class of 2010!!!  (Read 75585 times)

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: HLS Class of 2010!!!
« Reply #460 on: August 03, 2007, 11:20:25 AM »
I will cry for days if I have 8 am start times every day of the week.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

cassise

• Sr. Citizen
  • To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #461 on: August 03, 2007, 01:32:11 PM »
Dear HLS:

I'm really really really not a morning person.  I feel that you and I will both agree, my education would be better served not having to attend class at 8 AM every day.  Please do not make me get up early for both my sanity and that of my classmates.  Also, please make Bass Editor of Law Review, he's a pretty nice guy.  Please also note, despite my SN, I am not a woman.

Thanks So much.

Cassise

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 03, 2007, 01:41:54 PM »
Dear HLS:

I'm really really really not a morning person.  I feel that you and I will both agree, my education would be better served not having to attend class at 8 AM every day.  Please do not make me get up early for both my sanity and that of my classmates.  Also, please make Bass Editor of Law Review, he's a pretty nice guy.  Please also note, despite my SN, I am not a woman.

Thanks So much.

Cassise

lol.  The LR people answered your pleas, btw, per Mr. Crane's observation.

Also to echo LaurenRae52's note above, I'd be happy to help people out who end up with Meltzer, Fried, Mann, or Sargentich.  I don't really have outlines that are worth anything, but I have some other (perhaps more useful) stuff.

Omaha8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 03, 2007, 01:47:19 PM »
thanks, bass, and congrats!  is it considered rude to ask someone if they got on through grades or write-on?

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 03, 2007, 02:24:39 PM »
thanks, bass, and congrats!  is it considered rude to ask someone if they got on through grades or write-on?

Maybe it would be rude if it were possible for me to tell you.  No one knows for sure how they get on.

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #465 on: August 03, 2007, 05:19:12 PM »
Hello all.  Sorry I've been MIA for a while - work's been crazy.  So I've gotta represent the HLS Class of 2011 (so doesn't sound as cool as 2010).  Quick question for all of you who've gone through the off-campus housing search.  I'm going to be living off-campus, with boyfriend and dog.  When would you recommend I start looking for housing (I've never done so way in advance and don't quite know how that works).  Would you recommend I go with a broker (I hear it's pretty common on the East Coast).  Thanks!

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #466 on: August 03, 2007, 08:05:24 PM »
Hello all.  Sorry I've been MIA for a while - work's been crazy.  So I've gotta represent the HLS Class of 2011 (so doesn't sound as cool as 2010).  Quick question for all of you who've gone through the off-campus housing search.  I'm going to be living off-campus, with boyfriend and dog.  When would you recommend I start looking for housing (I've never done so way in advance and don't quite know how that works).  Would you recommend I go with a broker (I hear it's pretty common on the East Coast).  Thanks!

Jesus god, you're in for it. When I still entertained delusions of getting a dog, I was a craigslist person. You can search for pet-friendly and stuff like that pretty easily. I started looking in May, after I sent my deposit in, and I knew that I was looking for an August 1/August 15 start date. This proved to be the rub, as those are apparently very uncommon dates, and since there's a notification deadline of only 30 or 60 days for most places (I think), there were just not a lot of places that we were able to see in early June, when we went to Cambridge to apt-hunt. That said, a few weeks ago, I was idly CLing (after the bf and I have already settled on a HAH apt) and there looked to be a lot of Aug 1 apts. However, if you can do July 1 or 15th, you won't have a problem looking in June.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Pink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 04, 2007, 04:46:35 PM »

I believe this policy has been revised to allow pets if you "register" them.  Check with Affiliated Housing to be certain.
HLS '10

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 04, 2007, 09:37:14 PM »
Hey, Pink!  Can't remember if I asked you, but when are you getting back to Boston?
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

just call me elle

• Sr. Citizen
  • pink, puppies, Crimson, and I belong together
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 05, 2007, 08:10:58 AM »

I believe this policy has been revised to allow pets if you "register" them.  Check with Affiliated Housing to be certain.

well, that's the ridiculous thing - they're grandfathering in pets registered by august 31 (i.e. if you have one you get to keep it, as long as you register) - but ONLY for people whose leases started before april 30, 2007. and no new pets for those people. i understand that's how grandfathering works, but it's still pretty unfair that they're allowing pets while also disallowing them. pet squatters rights have triumphed i guess.