Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS Class of 2010!!!  (Read 75260 times)

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: HLS Class of 2010
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2007, 06:31:07 PM »
Sorry, I phrased my question incorrectly.  One of the students I talked to mentioned that there were several entrances to Hastings (sort of like mini-complexes), and grumbled about having to go outside to get to some other part of Hastings.  I was wondering if the basement is accessible from within all the entrances or if you have to leave your entrance and go to another in order to reach the basement.

The students you were talking to are wrong if that's what they said.  All entryways have access to the basement, the basement has access to each entryway, and your key works in every entryway.  What is true is that the entryways are not connected above the basement so if I am on the fourth four of entryway 1 and want to visit someone on the fourth floor of entryway 2, I have to walk down 4 flights of stairs to the basement and then up 4 more.

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2007, 06:32:56 PM »
Ah, okay, that makes sense.  Thanks!
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2007, 06:39:26 PM »
Ah, okay, that makes sense.  Thanks!

It doesn't really make sense. [curses under breath; stupid f-ing entryway system]
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2007, 07:28:40 PM »
It doesn't really make sense. [curses under breath; stupid f-ing entryway system]

This is the least of concerns [stupid f-ing lack of a kitchen on my floor]

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2007, 07:33:15 PM »
Point taken. This is why I'm living off. I heart my own food and refrigerator.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

hobbesthecat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2007, 08:02:33 PM »
I have a question about the lottery numbers: the e-mail says that people with number 1-100 get to choose their dorms from 12-8 on Tuesday. Does that mean that if my number is something like 80, then I could conceivably pick a room before someone who didn't log on until later that day but had a lottery number of 5? Just wondering.

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2007, 08:08:11 PM »
I think you can pick a room if your number is later, but if someone with a higher number comes and wants your room, they can take it.
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

road

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2007, 09:20:45 PM »
I think you can pick a room if your number is later, but if someone with a higher number comes and wants your room, they can take it.

Sounds kind of cutthroat, but I guess they are training lawyers :)
IANAL...Y

Slow Children At Play

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2007, 09:56:58 PM »
Hmm... it appears that 249 isn't the ideal lottery number.  I guess the fortune cookie I ate today was defective.  It said: "the winds will bring good things your way."  Bummer.
Attending: HLS 2010... boo ya!
In: HLS, CLS(W), NYU(W), UMich(W), UVA(W), Berkeley(W), NWestern(W), Duke(W), ND(W), G-Town(W)
Waitlisted: YLS, UPenn (W), SLS (W)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=SlowChildrenAtPlay

Every Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2007, 10:39:43 PM »
Hmm... it appears that 249 isn't the ideal lottery number.  I guess the fortune cookie I ate today was defective.  It said: "the winds will bring good things your way."  Bummer.

Get a new cookie... ass.

I'm #87.  I win.