Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS Class of 2010!!!  (Read 74185 times)

jackietob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HLS Class of 2010
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2007, 11:07:44 AM »
Anyone else a little nervous about having 5 classes per semester?  I'm wondering how much a professor who's been teaching contracts/property/torts etc for 20 years is actually going to cut down their syllabus.

Omaha8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2007, 11:13:16 AM »
We asked a 1L property prof about this at the ASW faculty lunch, and he said that for most classes it wouldn't be a problem.  He said that in each class, there are hundreds of rules, and you only really scratch the surface in the 1L survey, so if they ask him to cut 20%, then he'll just cover the 40 most important rules, rather than 50.  It's all about learning how to think like a lawyer anyway, he argued, not about covering all the law, so trimming wouldn't be a problem.  Seemed fairly convincing...

jackietob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2007, 11:16:45 AM »
Thanks, that is definitely good to hear!

LinaB

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2007, 12:50:30 PM »
Thanks, Senator!  I'm really thrilled with my decision.  I visited the law school and Cambridge last weekend, and I absolutely loved it.  Congrats to you too on a very impressive admissions cycle!

Shark

• Dnn...Dnn..
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »
Congrats to everyone who sent in their deposits, I know I feel so much better knowing where I'll be in the fall! Also, here's what it seems to me most of us have left to do before August:

- financial aid/loan stuff
- figure out housing
- get college certifications

Is there anything major I'm missing? As you can probably tell, I'm a list person...
Official Transcripts, too.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the courthouse.

road

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2007, 12:39:22 PM »
Anybody else get their affiliated housing select and view dates today? I'm not sue how the selection process works. Is there a mad rush at 6am on the select day?
IANAL...Y

Pink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2007, 12:58:09 PM »
Anybody else get their affiliated housing select and view dates today? I'm not sue how the selection process works. Is there a mad rush at 6am on the select day?

I take this to mean that you received notification of your view/select window.  If so, congratulations, you are in teh first window.  I sent in my app, but cannot view/select yet.  You should have received a lottery number.  That number determines your priority.  Anybody with a lower number than yours has priority over you.  They can basically "take away" any apartment you select if they want it.  Not sure if HAH notifies you if you lose your selected apartment.  If you don't have a very good number (assuming they let you know the range of numbers that are viewing/selecting in your window), it might be best to wait till the end of the window to make your selection.
HLS '10

markasparov

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2007, 02:56:43 PM »
Sorry, just found the thread.  Wish I'd had it when I was trying to make housing decisons...

See you all in the fall, though!

road

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2007, 03:22:52 PM »

I take this to mean that you received notification of your view/select window.  If so, congratulations, you are in teh first window.  I sent in my app, but cannot view/select yet.  You should have received a lottery number.  That number determines your priority.  Anybody with a lower number than yours has priority over you.  They can basically "take away" any apartment you select if they want it.  Not sure if HAH notifies you if you lose your selected apartment.  If you don't have a very good number (assuming they let you know the range of numbers that are viewing/selecting in your window), it might be best to wait till the end of the window to make your selection.

I didn't receive a lottery number and I haven't heard anything about one. Is it possible you're confusing the on-campus housing lottery with the affiliated housing? Or did I miss something?
IANAL...Y

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2007, 03:24:13 PM »
No, there's a lottery for HAH too. I haven't gotten my number yet either, though. Pink seems like the person with all the knowledge, so I'll defer to her.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.