Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS Class of 2010!!!  (Read 75356 times)

just call me elle

• Sr. Citizen
  • pink, puppies, Crimson, and I belong together
    • View Profile
Re: HLS Class of 2010
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2007, 07:05:48 PM »
Hey, so it's May 1st. I hope I haven't missed any deadlines... deposit's done, housing lottery's done... financial aid?

So what happens next? Does anyone know when sections are assigned? When do we find out our fall schedules? What's the curriculum going to be like (old school or new school 1L)? When are you all moving out there (I'm thinking about Aug 15 to give a couple weeks to settle in, find furniture etc)?

ps I believe fin aid doesn't have a deadline per se, but the sooner you get it in the sooner you know your prospective debtload.

sections get assigned mid-summer (late July/early August). curriculum includes the new international law courses.

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ViolaLovesMusic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2007, 08:31:58 PM »
Hey, so it's May 1st. I hope I haven't missed any deadlines... deposit's done, housing lottery's done... financial aid?

So what happens next? Does anyone know when sections are assigned? When do we find out our fall schedules? What's the curriculum going to be like (old school or new school 1L)? When are you all moving out there (I'm thinking about Aug 15 to give a couple weeks to settle in, find furniture etc)?

ps I believe fin aid doesn't have a deadline per se, but the sooner you get it in the sooner you know your prospective debtload.

sections get assigned mid-summer (late July/early August). curriculum includes the new international law courses.

Where is some solid info on what our 1L curriculum will be?
Harvard 2010

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2007, 11:17:50 PM »
Well I'm not going to Harvard but just wanted to congragulate all of you guys who made it in.

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2007, 11:22:01 PM »
Well I'm not going to Harvard but just wanted to congragulate all of you guys who made it in.

Aw, thank you!  :)
Harvard 2010

hobbesthecat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2007, 01:45:32 AM »
Congrats to everyone who sent in their deposits, I know I feel so much better knowing where I'll be in the fall! Also, here's what it seems to me most of us have left to do before August:

- financial aid/loan stuff
- figure out housing
- get college certifications

Is there anything major I'm missing? As you can probably tell, I'm a list person...

amaterasu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN page
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2007, 01:54:57 AM »
Congrats to everyone who sent in their deposits, I know I feel so much better knowing where I'll be in the fall! Also, here's what it seems to me most of us have left to do before August:

- figure out housing

Is there anything major I'm missing? As you can probably tell, I'm a list person...

The (incredibly intrusive) medical questionnaire stuff. 

Can anyone who currently goes to school in Mass. (maybe at Harvard?) elaborate on how you get exemption from getting insurance through the school? (I've checked Harvard's site and it's not only a pain to navigate but very uninformative -- beyond "If you're coverage is equivalent to ours, you can get the requirement to use our insurance waived" I couldn't find anything.) 
HLS '10

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2007, 06:12:14 AM »

- figure out housing

Can anyone who currently goes to school in Mass. (maybe at Harvard?) elaborate on how you get exemption from getting insurance through the school? (I've checked Harvard's site and it's not only a pain to navigate but very uninformative -- beyond "If you're coverage is equivalent to ours, you can get the requirement to use our insurance waived" I couldn't find anything.) 

Oh, I just looked at this... how annoying.   
Harvard 2010

Slow Children At Play

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2007, 09:26:46 AM »

- figure out housing

Oh, I just looked at this... how annoying.   

Was this in the admissions binder?  Damnit...
Attending: HLS 2010... boo ya!
In: HLS, CLS(W), NYU(W), UMich(W), UVA(W), Berkeley(W), NWestern(W), Duke(W), ND(W), G-Town(W)
Waitlisted: YLS, UPenn (W), SLS (W)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=SlowChildrenAtPlay

Omaha8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2007, 10:12:20 AM »
The health insurance info is at http://huhs.harvard.edu/HealthnDentalPlans/RequiredHealthInfo.htm
(most of this type of stuff can be found by going to student services on the main HLS webpage, and then following the dean of students link).

I was told they are making up the section schedules now; my understanding is that we'll have the new intl and admin courses, but not the winter problem solving (still finals in jan for us this year)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2007, 11:03:40 AM »
do u guys know anything about the Chelsea area?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...