Law School Discussion

HLS Class of 2010!!!

road

• View Profile
Re: HLS Class of 2010!!!
« Reply #760 on: September 24, 2007, 08:42:14 PM »
Any advice for those of us applying to HLS?
Also, any single parents out there?

I don't know that I have any good advice that you won't get elsewhere (get your transcripts and recommendations in now since they always take longer than you think). The application year kind of sucks, you have a panicked rush getting it all in then a painfully long wait, and all the while you feel like your life is on hold.

I'm happy to answer specific questions and/or share my stats, personal statement, etc (pm me).

country girl, I'm not a single parent but I am a parent. Law School (at HLS at least) definitely seems targeted to young singles. Most extracurricular activities are in the evening when I'm home putting babies to bed and I feel like I have to really crank in the days to get everything done and leave most evenings and weekends free for family stuff. You can do it though, and I am really liking it so far. How old are your kid(s)? Mine are two and 11 months.

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #761 on: September 25, 2007, 05:01:45 PM »
Any advice for those of us applying to HLS?
Also, any single parents out there?

I don't know that I have any good advice that you won't get elsewhere (get your transcripts and recommendations in now since they always take longer than you think). The application year kind of sucks, you have a panicked rush getting it all in then a painfully long wait, and all the while you feel like your life is on hold.

I'm happy to answer specific questions and/or share my stats, personal statement, etc (pm me).

country girl, I'm not a single parent but I am a parent. Law School (at HLS at least) definitely seems targeted to young singles. Most extracurricular activities are in the evening when I'm home putting babies to bed and I feel like I have to really crank in the days to get everything done and leave most evenings and weekends free for family stuff. You can do it though, and I am really liking it so far. How old are your kid(s)? Mine are two and 11 months.

Wow road, i really admire you,I couldn't imagine doing all this and having a family.

Omaha8

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 25, 2007, 05:22:22 PM »
second road.I have two kids and commute 4 hours most days.  It's crazy, but doable.  and hey, its harvard, so all you need to do is pass!  my advice? read Tennyson's poem Ulysses

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #763 on: September 25, 2007, 05:38:37 PM »
second road.I have two kids and commute 4 hours most days.  It's crazy, but doable.  and hey, its harvard, so all you need to do is pass!  my advice? read Tennyson's poem Ulysses

Awesome poem...

Your knowledge of poetry and botany is awe-inspiring.  ;)

Omaha8

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 25, 2007, 07:21:09 PM »
Thanks, Brito  :D

One picks up a lot of useless info over the years.

I'm afraid I'll never live down the tomato thing; fortunately, I neglected to mention that it was actually my mom with whom I used to argue the point...

Ulysses is my law school mantra

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #765 on: September 25, 2007, 07:38:34 PM »
Thanks, Brito  :D

One picks up a lot of useless info over the years.

I'm afraid I'll never live down the tomato thing; fortunately, I neglected to mention that it was actually my mom with whom I used to argue the point...

Ulysses is my law school mantra

I found it helpful in debate.  But that's a massive, complicated compartment of my mind...

« Reply #766 on: September 27, 2007, 05:41:09 PM »
They are flogging us cassise.  *&^%.

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #767 on: September 27, 2007, 08:01:02 PM »
They are flogging us cassise.  *&^%.

Section 4 flogs.

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #768 on: September 27, 2007, 08:56:30 PM »
They are flogging us cassise.  sh*t.
sharo = baller

Stop the flogging.

Hey sharo, do you have a lemonade popsical that my pilgrim can borrow?

« Reply #769 on: September 28, 2007, 06:17:06 AM »
do you have a lemonade popsical that my pilgrim can borrow?

Only I can eat any popsicles acquired heretofor as part of an effort to deal with the heat on the Isle of Capri.