Law School Discussion

HLS Class of 2010!!!

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: HLS Class of 2010
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2007, 11:44:51 AM »
Yeah, I decided on Gropius also. North is just too expensive for what you're getting and someone else cleaning the bathroom sure has a nice ring to it. Besides, I bet two blocks feels like a whole lot when there's snow in your face as you try to get to class (I'm a Californian, scared enough of the weather as it is). I thought about Hastings, mostly because its close to the gym, but I think that if I'm trying to stay in shape, its sort of silly to be upset about having to walk a little more to get to the gym. Brito, have you chosen your room yet?

Yes.  I logged in at 12:30, and 30 people had already chosen!

I also was much too scared of the weather to live very far off campus at any price.

road

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2007, 11:55:06 AM »
I would also use more contractions in my writing, by Firefox is screwing up and will not allow apostrophes.

Have you updated firefox to the most recent version? That seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2007, 11:57:28 AM »
I would also use more contractions in my writing, by Firefox is screwing up and will not allow apostrophes.

Have you updated firefox to the most recent version? That seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Haha, probably not.  I'll have to do that... 

And, as you can see, it's not doing it anymore.

« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2007, 12:32:02 PM »
do we have to formally withdraw from the HAH lottery or should we just not choose a unit?

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2007, 12:12:01 AM »
I picked my dorm room in the first round.  If I haven't gotten an email yet saying that I've been booted from my room, is it safe to assume I got the one I picked?

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2007, 12:21:41 AM »
I picked my dorm room in the first round.  If I haven't gotten an email yet saying that I've been booted from my room, is it safe to assume I got the one I picked?

Yes, unless I decide I want it.  Then no.

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2007, 12:31:49 AM »

Yes, unless I decide I want it.  Then no.

We can share.

road

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2007, 06:29:12 AM »
I have my select window today for HAH. You basically view the apartment that you want and then click the "select" button, pretty simple. I checked the apartments about two hours after the select window started and about 2/3 of the 3 bedrooms were gone (the 2 bedroom apts don't seem to have taken as big of a hit) and an hour later only about 1/4  are left. When your select time comes I would suggest being ready to log in and select as soon as you are able.

In the end we decided to skip HAH. We found that we could get a bigger/nicer apartment through Craigslist for the same rent. So, be sure to check that out as well. If you want feedback on locations I'm happy to help where I can.

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2007, 07:35:56 AM »
We can share.

I have personal space issues.  As in, I don't respect other people's. Caveat Emptor.

That will be okay.

« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2007, 08:40:44 AM »
I got bumped once yesterday, reselected, and haven't been bumped since. I hope that means I got the room. Its just a room in Holmes, so perhaps its not particularly exciting to anybody, but hopefully this is the end of the dorm picking process for me. Good luck to people picking in the second wave!