Law School Discussion

HLS Class of 2010!!!

Pink

• View Profile
Re: HLS Class of 2010
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2007, 03:30:15 PM »
For the HAH, we don't have "lottery" numbers exactly.  We are assigned a window (you probably received that email), and that window corresponds to a Window Number.  You can view the list of window numbers on the main "announcements" page for the HAH website (http://www.hres.harvard.edu/RRE/NewWeb/Brochure/Affiliated/announcements.htm).  For example, my window begins 6/25 6:05am, I have Viewing window number 8.  Finally, your "select" window corresponds with your viewing window.

Did I make any sense with all that rambling?

yes, that makes sense, and thanks for the link.  Is it strange that I've still not received my window assignment yet?  My application for HAH was received and processed in mid-april.  really confused.

« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2007, 03:32:47 PM »
Alphabetical? I'm early.

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2007, 03:33:21 PM »
I still haven't received my HAH viewing window either. Hope that isn't a bad omen.

« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2007, 03:52:48 PM »
For the HAH, we don't have "lottery" numbers exactly.  We are assigned a window (you probably received that email), and that window corresponds to a Window Number.  You can view the list of window numbers on the main "announcements" page for the HAH website (http://www.hres.harvard.edu/RRE/NewWeb/Brochure/Affiliated/announcements.htm).  For example, my window begins 6/25 6:05am, I have Viewing window number 8.  Finally, your "select" window corresponds with your viewing window.

Did I make any sense with all that rambling?

yes, that makes sense, and thanks for the link.  Is it strange that I've still not received my window assignment yet?  My application for HAH was received and processed in mid-april.  really confused.

It seems like the emails are coming in order of windows.  Maybe it just means you got a later window.  We know they've gone at least as far as 8, but there are 13 total windows.  Has anyone gotten window 13 yet?

Pink

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2007, 03:56:29 PM »
It seems like the emails are coming in order of windows.  Maybe it just means you got a later window.  We know they've gone at least as far as 8, but there are 13 total windows.  Has anyone gotten window 13 yet?

:D, That basically killed any hope I had left.  But you may be right.

« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2007, 03:58:36 PM »
 :-\

Sorry, I wish I could give you my window.  I could be wrong!  Besides, a lot of people probably did what I did and went into both lotteries in case they got waitlisted for the dorms.  I'm pretty sure I'm pulling out of the HAH lottery, and maybe other people before you will too.

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2007, 04:15:43 PM »
Anyone have any idea if lottery number 147 will give me a realistic shot at having a room in Hastings next year?

Hastings accomodates 97 students but returning students have their lottery before 0Ls, so I have no idea how many spaces are still open there.

I live in Hastings now and there are people who had lower numbers than you who got in.  That doesn't necessarily mean you'll make it, however, who knows.  The school uses a modified version of the traditional marriage algorithm (or at least that's what it was called when I learned it in an algorithms class) and so it's kind of weird (but awesome if implemented correctly).

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2007, 04:20:48 PM »
re: Hastings - can you get to the basement (for laundry and kitchens) from the inside of any of the buildings?  I remember hearing some grumblings from current students, but I didn't catch the details.

Also, that HAH site gives me a headache.  Does anyone know how to figure out which apartments are furnished and which aren't???

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2007, 04:25:14 PM »
re: Hastings - can you get to the basement (for laundry and kitchens) from the inside of any of the buildings?  I remember hearing some grumblings from current students, but I didn't catch the details.

No. Only Hastings students can get into the basement with a key.  At the same time, the journals offices are in the basement so people will let you in all the time and you can make you way to the laundry, if for whatever reason you felt like that.

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2007, 04:28:28 PM »
Sorry, I phrased my question incorrectly.  One of the students I talked to mentioned that there were several entrances to Hastings (sort of like mini-complexes), and grumbled about having to go outside to get to some other part of Hastings.  I was wondering if the basement is accessible from within all the entrances or if you have to leave your entrance and go to another in order to reach the basement.