Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Alternate at Miami  (Read 786 times)

hillstaffer

• View Profile
Alternate at Miami
« on: April 19, 2007, 02:59:08 PM »
I was recently notified of being an "alternate" at the University of Miami.  Looks like another person on this board (cascagrossa) experienced this once before too and got in.  I know my LSAT is low at 150 but I have a 3.8 UGPA and a very impressive resume.  Not bragging at all, just saying it may help cushion my crappy LSAT. :)  I applied last year to Miami and was placed in a "hold" category.  After emailing the admissions dept recently, I found out that an alternate is a lot better status.  I've already written a letter of continued interest, and sent an additional letter of rec.  Does anyone else have any ideas or insight into my chances or steps I should take?  I visited the campus last year and may write them mentioning that again.  I can't afford to go visit again though.

thanks!!!

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate at Miami
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »
I was recently notified of being an "alternate" at the University of Miami.  Looks like another person on this board (cascagrossa) experienced this once before too and got in.  I know my LSAT is low at 150 but I have a 3.8 UGPA and a very impressive resume.  Not bragging at all, just saying it may help cushion my crappy LSAT. :)  I applied last year to Miami and was placed in a "hold" category.  After emailing the admissions dept recently, I found out that an alternate is a lot better status.  I've already written a letter of continued interest, and sent an additional letter of rec.  Does anyone else have any ideas or insight into my chances or steps I should take?  I visited the campus last year and may write them mentioning that again.  I can't afford to go visit again though.

thanks!!!

It sounds like you've done all you can. Unless you have some change in status to report (new semester's grades, promotion at work, etc) I would wait it out. However, should you have the opportunity to notify them that there is a change in your status, make sure to mention all the SPECIFIC reasons you want to go there.
The hottest chicks go to UMiami

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 08:56:37 PM »
Good luck.I hope to see you there  :)
UMiami c/o 2010

hillstaffer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 10:18:00 PM »
Thanks!  Me too. 

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 09:31:37 PM »
but youre a hill staffer...
Princeton Law 2010

hillstaffer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 04:37:55 PM »
Yep.  Worked at the White House for a few months and have been on the Hill for almost two years now.  I'm a Communications Director for a member.  Why?