Law School Discussion

NYU Class of 2010-collect yourselves!

«ě»

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: NYU Class of 2010-collect yourselves!
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2007, 03:32:27 AM »
True, I love Demetri Martin's work :) However, unlike crunkt, he actually is funny:p

jimfoolery

• Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2007, 05:05:15 PM »
Worthless mascot question bump.  We are the Violets, right?  That's pretty great.

jimfoolery

• Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2007, 05:29:50 PM »
This from Wikipedia: "Although the nickname for the University’s sports teams has always been The Violets, the need was felt for a mascot to appear at athletic competitions. In the 1980s, the Department of Athletics began using a Bobcat as the mascot. The choice was derived from the abbreviation then being used by the Bobst Library computerized catalog — short: Bobcat." 

Also: "NYU's sports teams are called the Fighting Violets, the colors being the trademarked hue "NYU Violet" and white; the school mascot is the bobcat."

I'd expect nothing short of such utter mascot confusion, and no fewer than two mascots, from such a fine school.  I will still call myself a Violet, however.

That poking exchange got pretty racy for a while there.  The day's big winner had to have been Matt, though.  Considering how excited he was by the mere prospect of an NYU Law facebook page, I can only imagine his reaction when he found out it was already alive and kicking!

Schruted

• I love her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2007, 06:48:38 PM »
Being the Fighting Violets and the Bobst Catalogs is awesome.

ljg

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2007, 08:13:53 AM »
Being the Fighting Violets and the Bobst Catalogs is awesome.

Credited.  ;D

So does that mean the bobcat mascot is violet??  :o

« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2007, 12:37:04 PM »
Hey I will also be going to NYU this fall.  I simply can’t wait, counting down the weeks.  I hate working, school looks awesome in comparison.  I went to NYU undergrad, so I know that NYU Law should be pretty cool as well.  Also, I took a class with NYU law professor a few years ago, and the amount of reading he assigned was just insane.  The binder of reading materials he gave to us was like 10 – 15 pounds.  I can only imagine what it’s going to be like when every class will assign binders like that.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!  ;D

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2007, 06:55:55 PM »
Hi guys,

same here, can't wait to meet everyone. The people from the facebook group also seem to be a very fascinating bunch.
On a side note (rant), last week I called the housing office to see whether they had any apartments available for the summer. The lady was extremely rude! She pretty much told me that everything was taken and that I'm on my own. Thanks a lot for the help! Oh well, what can you do.
Anyway, can't wait to meet you guys!

ljg

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2007, 06:49:09 AM »
Hi guys,

same here, can't wait to meet everyone. The people from the facebook group also seem to be a very fascinating bunch.
On a side note (rant), last week I called the housing office to see whether they had any apartments available for the summer. The lady was extremely rude! She pretty much told me that everything was taken and that I'm on my own. Thanks a lot for the help! Oh well, what can you do.
Anyway, can't wait to meet you guys!

Weird....I called the housing office to ask about the probability of being able to move in early, and they were very nice! Maybe you caught her on a bad day.  :-\

«ě»

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2007, 08:27:23 AM »
Maybe they just want the cuties in early, the rest will have to wait :p

Schruted

• I love her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2007, 09:06:37 AM »
Just got my NetID and email account, and submitted the housing form. I was surprised to get the info already; I was expecting to have to push the May 15 housing deadline. I find it lame that the only personal question they ask for matching you with a roommate is, "Are you neat?" That might be a disaster. Also, their web email is really slow. I wonder if most students forward their NYU mail to a Gmail account or something.

What rooms are you guys preferencing? I went with all D'Ag, doubles then triples.