Law School Discussion

NYU Class of 2010-collect yourselves!

Re: NYU Class of 2010-collect yourselves!
« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2007, 08:22:09 PM »
A lot of NYU law students seem to want to project an "I'm-too-cool-for-law-school" image, at least outwardly. That's probably why you don't see them post much on web discussion boards. There's also very little community spirit and whatnot, since everyone is doing their own thing in the city.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2007, 08:50:18 PM »
Why is this thread so dead?

I think because the NYU kids on here don't make off-topic posts. On the other class threads people are less focused  :D
We're on a higher intellectual plane than those yokels at Michigan.

I don't know about a higher intellectual plane (though we are awesome, of course)-people just tend to post on here only if they have a specific question, while on other threads posters talk about all sorts of stuff. It would be an interesting study to see if there really are different "posting styles" due to certain personalities attending certain schools, or if certain schools attract people who post on sites like LSD. Interesting thought, though it's probably just a coincidence  :)

Most of us are pretty outgoing, at least the ones who post all the time. I guess we're just cooler.  8)

jalong

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2007, 10:55:19 AM »
I don't know how I missed this thread for all this time.

Anyway, I hope that you all join the NYU Law Class of 2010 Pubcrawl group on Facebook.  A few of us met up yesterday at the Belgian Beer Bar, it was really great to meet people who I'll be going to school with.  I was also really impressed by the feeling that I was the least well-read of the three of us.  It is really starting to hit me how smart my classmates are going to be, which I find very exciting.

We might meet up again in July, but I am also organizing a pubcrawl on August 18th for sure.  Hopefully some of you will have arrived in New York by then, I got the impression that a lot of people were moving in that weekend, but maybe that is just the off-campus people?  I think I read somewhere more recently that you were all moving on the 26th?  That doesn't seem to make much sense to me though.  Aren't we supposed to be busy getting orientated?

jalong

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2007, 07:05:23 AM »
OK, well, maybe I'll throw together an ad hoc pubcrawl on the 26th too, but I can do that in  person I guess.  So I guess you will all figure who I am because I'll be the one bugging you to go to the bar after the orientation.  Are we going to have homework during this orientation?  I have no idea what I'm getting myself into really.

ljg

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2007, 07:49:22 AM »
Pub crawls sound fun!

And I think so many people are moving in on the 26th because that's the move-in date for the dorms (which is pretty silly, considering that the 26th is also the first day of orientation) and it costs anywhere from $70 to $100 a day to move in early.

I'd be down for a pub crawl on the 26th- although I bet NYU has something planned for us that night, since it's the first day of orientation.

I applied to move in a day early, on the 25th- cause I agree, it's silly to move in on the 26th, deal with all the errands/food shopping, etc., and also do orientation!

jalong

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2007, 10:44:36 AM »
You're probably right, there will probably be some sort of social function at on the first day.  I think the website said that there would be at least one social thing during orientation.  Eitherway, I think we'll either do that and then head out somewhere with the rest of the nightowls, or make our own orientation event if there is nothing planned. 

That is still assuming though, that there is no homework or anything like that.  My inner nerd, then, would wrest control from my inner wino.

« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2007, 11:45:55 PM »
this thread is approved

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2007, 02:42:25 AM »
this thread is approved

This poster has a very boring shtick.

« Reply #178 on: July 18, 2007, 02:47:59 AM »
this thread is approved

This poster has a very boring shtick.

hey, relax. i was just approving this honorable nyu class of 2010 thread.

Schruted

• I love her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2007, 09:22:19 AM »
Hey, so we get to use Macs.  :) :D ;D