Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA/USC  (Read 3698 times)

skotval

Re: UCLA/USC
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 06:06:54 PM »
It seems as though a lot of people have gotten a full scholarship from Loyola... they must have a lot of money to give!  My brother received one too.  I haven't heard from them at all yet, which I thought was kind of strange...  I applied to 14 schools and I only have 5 left to hear from, 3 of which are in LA... Maybe the mayor has something against me!  :P

xrayspec

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 07:25:34 PM »
Loyola may offer a lot of those scholarships but I doubt they pay out on many of them.

law in la

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 07:37:09 PM »
I've accepted the Loyola scholarship and plan on attending the evening program...

3.7, 172, Ph.D.

law in la

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 07:51:17 PM »
BTW - on the Loyola intranet, there is some information about grading...84 (which is the grade needed to maintain the scholarship) is about the top 25-30% of the class (they standardize all grading so that 81 is the mean and the standard deviation is 6)

jbshane

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 11:24:48 AM »
Applied to 6 Cali schools - all applications went out in November.  Got dinged by Stanford and Boalt in late January, but haven't heard anything from UCLA, USC, Hastings or Davis.  Hastings and Davis have websites where you can check the status of your application - mine are still "under review" at both schools.

164/3.46

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2004, 02:37:42 PM »
what is the Loyola intranet, Where did you find the explanation of grades?

tofccc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2004, 06:33:14 PM »
I received my acceptance to USC March 1 - according to applicants on other boards, a lot of acceptances went out February, second wave went out beginning of March. I am waiting to hear about $ though. Still waiting on UCLA too. Of USD, USC and UCLA which would you pick and why? Factor in almost full scholarship at USD and then which would you pick? I haven't had a chance to visit any of them and have to pick where to go (assuming I get in to UCLA, which I might not). Thanks for any info you can offer.

xrayspec

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2004, 02:44:05 AM »
USD is not in the same league as USC / UCLA.

A free ride looks good on paper and you may have specific considerations that tilt you in that direction. But for most folks the employability & salary value of the USC/UCLA degree would outweigh the near-term tuition savings at USD.

dunnolaw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 12:00:58 PM »
For those of you accepted into USC, when is your first deposit due?  They are holding on to my application.  I wonder if they're waiting to see what the admitted students decide.

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 02:02:13 PM »
For those of you accepted into USC, when is your first deposit due?  They are holding on to my application.  I wonder if they're waiting to see what the admitted students decide.
Probably not, that would (or at least should) be a waitlist. They're probably holding on to it unitl they review the last of the unseen apps. - Thats what a hold should mean anyways