Law School Discussion



« on: March 08, 2004, 12:21:49 PM »
I am just wondering who has heard back from UCLA and USC and what your GPA/LSAT scores were.  So far I have gotten into Hastings, Davis, Santa Clara, USD, and Northwestern, and I have been rejected from Boalt and Boston College.  There are still 7 schools I applied to that I haven't heard from, but these two are the ones I am really waiting for.  I am from California (and I love it here!), so I would like to know what my chances are!


  • ****
  • 203
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 01:15:10 PM »
I havent heard from UCLA, Boalt or Hastings - and yes, I too was rejected from BC!! LSAT: 164, GPA: 3.29

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 02:34:59 PM »
i feel i should apologize before i even write this, because it seems so silly.

i received a phone call and e-mail today from ucla today informing me that i've been accepted.  as seems to be the opinion of most people on this forum, i think that not hearing anything for a while is a good sign and you can infer that they are still considering you for acceptance.  it seems the only ones that go out quickly are the instant admits and rejects.  i guess i fall into the latter because of my numbers (174/4.0), but i know that ucla can take a particularly long time to decide, as they jerked a loved one around until bloody august last year (in fact i'm not sure she ever got final word about her waitlist status, and i don't think she was informed of being on the waitlist until late april or may).  usc also took a while to reply to her last year, but accepted her when they finally did make a decision.

i'm not sure what your numbers are, but given the schools you've gotten into (particularly northwestern) i imagine you have a rather good shot at getting into usc or ucla (or, hopefully, both).

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 10:11:09 PM »
I also have not yet heard from UCLA, although I sent my apps in mid- November. Isn't waiting the worst?
I did hear from Hastings in early January (acceptance), and am still waiting to hear from Davis and Santa Clara, in addition to UCLA. I've already been rejected from Boalt and Stanford, so I'm really crossing my fingers for UCLA!!

Pub. Interest gal

  • ***
  • 52
  • 3.8gpa / 162 LSAT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 09:50:29 AM »
I'm in the same boat as the rest of you.  Application went in late Oct./early November.  I got rejected from Stanford and Berkley (as expected- in that I knew I was reaching).  I am waitlisted at Georgetown and George Washington, and still waiting to hear from UCLA and Texas. Oh, and have gotten into schools with lower ranking with offers of scholarship money.
I just keep hoping that UCLA comes back with a yes sometime soon.  I know they are holding cocktail hrs across the country in late March and early April, and are hoping to have most of their decisions and notifications out in time for admitted students to be able to attend those events.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 10:32:50 AM »
Hey guys I heard back from USC and UCLA aound Mid February.  Luckily I got into both but I sent my appst like nov 1 , so they are just slow in general, so dont worry if you havent heard.

MY numbers are 3.8/166


« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 08:54:35 AM »
I am waiting on USC and I have a full ride to Loyola.  USC is my #1 but I have to accept the scholarship by April 1.  If I do not hear by the end of the month I will definitely accept the scholarship.  Would the admissions committee at USC respond any quicker if I told them my situation? 

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 05:18:13 PM »
166 / 3.46, sent apps 1/3/04

accepted at UCLA
no news from USC

Loyola wouldn't have offered you a full ride if they didn't think you'd be getting in somewhere better  ;)


« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 07:42:04 PM »
Didn't apply to USC, but I haven't heard from UCLA yet.  I went complete in late January.  167/3.2, and it's by far my top choice.


  • ****
  • 122
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 11:25:39 AM »
no news from USC/UCLA or USD for that matter. I sent my stuff in the first week in January.  I have the same full ride from Loyola.