Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Villanova Class of 2010  (Read 2727 times)

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Villanova Class of 2010
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2007, 05:31:51 PM »
I'm from Houston and currently go to Texas A&M.  I've decided to go to Pitt though.  Just looking for a little bit of a culture change for a few years to get out of Texas.

B212bb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2007, 05:34:41 PM »
im excited to go to nova in the fall and I'm also leaning towards living in Radnor House apts based on what I've read and heard. The clincher for me is that nova's name will probably carry further than Maryland's will across the northeast. I also like the idea of being in an area with a lot of younger people as I will have just graduated myself.

I'm not so sure about that. Maryland is ranked higher and I know a girl who will be working at a high paying job in NYC, they're both good schools, not exactly sure if Nova will take you farther. Also, I just gotta defend Maryland and Baltimore, Bmore is full of young recent grads. Just go up to Fed Hill, Canton or Fells Point. A lot of old CPers too. Whenever I go up there to visit its like College Park except a lot more fun.

B212bb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2007, 05:44:48 PM »
I'm from Houston and currently go to Texas A&M.  I've decided to go to Pitt though.  Just looking for a little bit of a culture change for a few years to get out of Texas.

I respect that of course, but why would anyone wanna get outta Texas!? I'd give my right arm to get into Texas. It will be a culture change for you, though Pittsburg really isn't northeast anymore, it has more in common with the midwest and great lake states, thats a good thing if you ask me.

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2007, 05:46:36 PM »
I love Texas but me and my fiance just want to see what else is out there.  Experience 4 seasons and that sort of thing and just return in 3 to 5 years or so.  Why don't you just come back to Texas?

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2007, 06:07:39 PM »
Does anyone know how late the trains run to and from philadelphia during the weekends? (Probably a good thing to know when I can actually go out, which I assume will be once in a blue moon). I'm not too excited about starting law school, gotta admit, my undergrad life at Maryland kinda spoiled me, but I'm sure I'm not the only one and I hear good things about VLS. Side note: Hey, ilovelaw, where bouts in Texas are you from? I am very familiar with Texas, love the place. Welcome to the North East, but I should tell you right now, nothing is better than the Lone Star State.

http://septa.org/
VIP.

B212bb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2007, 03:28:53 PM »
I love Texas but me and my fiance just want to see what else is out there.  Experience 4 seasons and that sort of thing and just return in 3 to 5 years or so.  Why don't you just come back to Texas?

I'd love to go back to Texas...unfortuneately the law school gods were against it.

B212bb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2007, 04:37:23 PM »
are more of you considering roommates or living alone?

I'd like to have some roommates. Esepcially since im leaving Maryland, itd be good to have a roommate, plus I enjoy being social, I've liked having roomates here at UMD

gator005

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2007, 05:20:52 PM »
When is the second deposit due? I'm trying to get a feel for when there might be more waitlist movement. Thanks in advance!

B212bb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2007, 05:28:39 PM »
When is the second deposit due? I'm trying to get a feel for when there might be more waitlist movement. Thanks in advance!

Second deposit is not due till July 14 or around that date.

InUtahForNow

• ??? '10
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2007, 01:27:56 PM »
gator005- waitlist is moving now, I was accepted off of it a little while ago and just got my letter yesterday.

In general, if anyone is looking for a roommate pm me. I'm looking at a nice 2 bedroom for under $1,500 and am hoping this is possible.

In general the building does feel a little bit old, but not a lot worse than the buildings I did my undergrad in. I didn't have a problem with it then and I shouldn't have a problem with it now. Overall, the new building will be nice, but I won't be planning on using it and will be happy with the current building.

Can anyone offer up places to avoid or places which have received rave reviews?
Attending:
Accepted: Chreighton, Willamette ($15,000), Gonzaga, Marquette, Penn State ($10,000), and Denver 
Denied: Ohio State
Waitlist: NONE!
Nothing yet: Florida State

160/2.78