Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Villanova Class of 2010  (Read 2697 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: Villanova Class of 2010
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 11:50:12 AM »
I'll be at Villanova too! The school seems like a perfect fit for me and I can't wait to start. I'm hoping to secure housing either at Radnor House or in Bryn Mawr. When is everyone planning to move in?   

ilovelaw,

Regarding the new building- Dean Sargent was asked about this during admitted students day. He said he knew that there has been a lot of confusion on this issue and he wanted to make crystal clear that the new building will be completed and ready for the start of our third year (fall 2009). Hope that helps.   :)

Well, It would be nice if it was ready for y'all by then, I was just going by what Father Donohue told me this fall when I asked him. It is possible that the situation has changed since.

There is A LOT of construction going on, on campus right now. They are building a new softball facility, a new nursing school, a new law school...

I can't wait to go back again on homecoming...
VIP.

nova10

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 12:24:34 PM »
I'll be at Villanova too! The school seems like a perfect fit for me and I can't wait to start. I'm hoping to secure housing either at Radnor House or in Bryn Mawr. When is everyone planning to move in?   

ilovelaw,

Regarding the new building- Dean Sargent was asked about this during admitted students day. He said he knew that there has been a lot of confusion on this issue and he wanted to make crystal clear that the new building will be completed and ready for the start of our third year (fall 2009). Hope that helps.   :)

Well, It would be nice if it was ready for y'all by then, I was just going by what Father Donohue told me this fall when I asked him. It is possible that the situation has changed since.

There is A LOT of construction going on, on campus right now. They are building a new softball facility, a new nursing school, a new law school...

I can't wait to go back again on homecoming...

By this fall you mean this past fall right? Dean Sargent's comments about the building being ready were from this past March (admitted students day). So maybe things changed or maybe Father Donohue was misinformed  ??? Personally, I'll give the Dean's comments greater authority since they are a little more up to date (and I'd like to cling to the hope that I'll get to experience the new building before I graduate) :)

You are def right about all the construction on campus, it is pretty hectic. There is also a new parking lot under construction for the law school and they hope to have that up and ready by the time we start in August.

Longshot, do you know anything about Home Properties of Bryn Mawr apartments? They seem to be the best value of all the places I've researched so far but I haven't had a chance to do tours yet. All I know is that they rent to undergrads. Heard anything positive or negative?

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 04:09:05 PM »
Longshot, do you know anything about Home Properties of Bryn Mawr apartments? They seem to be the best value of all the places I've researched so far but I haven't had a chance to do tours yet. All I know is that they rent to undergrads. Heard anything positive or negative?

Sorry, I haven't heard a thing about either.
VIP.

nova10

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 04:40:40 PM »

Sorry, I haven't heard a thing about either.

That's okay, just thought I'd ask.

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 05:56:23 PM »
I'm excited about philly cheesesteaks myself.

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 06:20:24 PM »
Does anybody know how soon you need to sign a lease at Radnor House because it seems like everybody lives there.  Also , anybody know of a realtor that rents them out.  I have been trying to figure this out but have been having some trouble with it.

nova10

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »
im excited to go to nova in the fall and I'm also leaning towards living in Radnor House apts based on what I've read and heard. The clincher for me is that nova's name will probably carry further than Maryland's will across the northeast. I also like the idea of being in an area with a lot of younger people as I will have just graduated myself.

Good to see another excited future Wildcat! I agree with you about the school location- being at the doorstep of a major city with so many colleges and twenty-somethings around is a really exciting prospect for me. Not sure how much time we will really have to enjoy it all, but I've spent my whole life around a city and would not be happy if I didn't at least have the option of enjoying a diversity of restaraunts, bars and culture from time to time.  ;D   Where will you be coming from?

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 09:30:22 PM »
I don't think Law School students get in on the basketball lottery, but if you can scrounge up tickets from an Undergrad or something, I highly recommend it.

I was lame (awesome?) enough to go to every game in 2006. Not good for my GPA, but amazingly fun nonetheless.

Congratulations on being admitted, btw.
VIP.

kmksports27

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 10:25:09 AM »
so i went to visit yesterday and I really liked it.  so ill deposit and most likily be going there as well  :P
it similiar to my undergrad in the student body and facilities, except in a MUCH better surrounding area. 

i also noticed how the student body was young--it seemed there were only a few ppl who were older than mid twenties,with a majority seeming to have been 1-2 yrs out of undergrad..
with respect to the building, it is old, but it isn't falling apart or anything like that.
certain parts reminded me of my high school with cement walls, ect..it's outdated but not crumbling.

however, i was not really a fan of the library at all.  it's literally down the hall from the class's and not even its own building.  i feel like's not really conducive to doing a lot of work, so i'd prob use the undergrad one if i really need to study..

it's also right off the highway and you dont have through Phili directly. I came from CT and left @ 9AM and didnt hit any traffic and came back @ 6:30 and also hit no traffic.
the only annoying thing is all the tolls. I need to invest in an Ez-Pass  ???  Jersey trying to get all the money out of you they can!

i also spoke to the assistant dean for a while.
he said that the parking garage for the law school will be done by the August. and the construction for it has already started so i think it will in fact be done on time.
Also, they are constucting a brand new gym that is also supossed to be done before the fall.  this could be nice since i guess the two gyms in the area are $60-70 a month at least..
and for those wondering about merit aid, he said you ahve to be 164 or higher to really be considered..my friend got a 165 and he got 15K but the dean said it's a few different factors and just having the LSAT doesnt guarantee any money. [i have no idea why they are so stingy!]

i have a good friend who goes there undergrad..she lives in Bryn Mawr.
If your on Lancaster Ave. its about a block past Kelly's going away from the school's campus.
the place was ok on the inside, not very modern, but clean.
 however, parking did not seem to be plentiful anywhere around that whole area.
there are also a lot of undergrads in that area.  she lives there with three other girls and the rent is about $2100 a month.  she didnt sign a lease until July though so i think it's not crucial to do it just yet.

one of the secretaries in the admissions office is compiling a list of ppl who want roomates.  they want your name, email, cell #'s, ect..i guess it works via and email chain but it doesnt really get going for another month though.
the assistant dean told me the program is usually pretty good, and i talked to a few students who used it last year and they said it was pretty effective

ill prob go back right after i graduate to look more at apts. and housing, ect..

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 12:10:28 PM »

and for those wondering about merit aid, he said you ahve to be 164 or higher to really be considered..my friend got a 165 and he got 15K but the dean said it's a few different factors and just having the LSAT doesnt guarantee any money. [i have no idea why they are so stingy!]

Did they happen to mention what those were?
VIP.