Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown waiting list- Strategy?  (Read 9547 times)

lizette112162

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Georgetown waiting list- Strategy?
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2007, 12:27:33 PM »
Just got an e-mail from GULC, asking me to reconfirm my interest, provide info regarding summer plans and address changes, It is possible that they will be having openings in June. Did anyone else get this e-mail?

awesomepossum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2007, 04:21:55 PM »
The juice is worth the squeeze.
U.Michigan 2011 (deferred from '10)

fredd727

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2007, 10:42:24 PM »
Yea, the wait has been agonizing.  I'm afraid I'm gonna have to drop out.  I got the call from UVA today so I'm pulling out.  I figured I'd throw out before I go though that I got an email from Sophia Sim last week (May 3), this is what it said:

Dear Fred,

Greetings once again from Georgetown Law.  In late April, we had sent you an e-mail with an update on our first tuition deposit and requested that you confirm your interest.  I am writing to you today at the request of the Admissions Committee.  Our first deposit was due May 1, and it appears that we may have a very small handful of openings.  The Committee has selected a small group that they would like to consider for these potential spaces.  However, as the summer begins, we only are interested in offering these spaces for whom Georgetown is their top choice.

If you are interested in being considered for one of these spaces, please respond via e-mail to Urmila Rajagopal, Admissions Counselor at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible.   We will get back to you, one way or the other, by Friday May 11.

One final note-if you are offered a space, there will be a short time frame for you to make your enrollment decision.  Thus, if you intend to apply for financial aid to help finance your law school costs, you should complete the FAFSA/Need Access forms as soon as possible.  Information on applying for aid is available at www.law.georgetown.edu/finaid. Completing aid materials earlier will facilitate your aid evaluation and minimize delays in your receipt of your award notice.

Sincerely,

Sophia Sim
Director of Admissions

fredd727

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2007, 10:12:16 AM »
I sent them the LOCI and continued to tell them I was extremely interested in attending.  Also made sure they knew that since my application I had been interning w/ a candidate for mayor here in Philly.

fredd727

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2007, 11:16:57 AM »
I posted this on the FT board but in case you guys see this one first:

Guys, I just got a call from a lady named Allison (I forget her last name), the assistant dean of admissions.  She left a message saying Dean Cornblatt told her they were making decisions today and she wanted to know if I was still interested.  I returned the call, and let her know that I had already accepted UVA's offer and thus had to withdraw.  But, you guys might hear some stuff today.

lizette112162

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2007, 05:08:12 PM »
bump

FLangel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2007, 10:36:11 AM »
tag