Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown waiting list- Strategy?  (Read 9638 times)

Gtown-Hopeful

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Georgetown waiting list- Strategy?
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 07:41:28 PM »
im on the preferred waiting list- but not the preferred- preferred waiting list ( i.e the one with the contact info)

since i have the contact info due to it being published on here should i  contact the contact??
The reason I ask is that i wish to visit Gulc and "Interview" with someone. Now i know the official line from GULC is " absolutely no interviews", but a guy on xoxo got an interview with Sophia Sim apparently through this contact.

Should I email this contact??

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 09:46:48 PM »
Poop, I just noticed that my email differs in that instead of the line that says "you're in a group we're considering, etc..."

mine says

"The Committee is in the process of looking at our waiting list candidates, and, although it is still to early to know for sure, it is possible that we may have some openings."

Looks like I'm not gonna be a recipient of the upcoming acceptances.

Ollie!

• 1 0f 30: U U D D L R L R B A STRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
Anyone else get an e-mail from Andrew Cornblatt today?  This is the one I received:

Dear Fred,

I wanted to provide you with an update on your admissions status.  The Committee is in the process of looking at our waiting list candidates, and they have asked me to let you know that you are in a group that they will be looking at in the next week or so.

Our first deposit is due May 1, and we will most likely not know whether we will have any openings until May 8.  It is possible, however, that the Committee may make some decisions before then, some as early as Monday.  Please remember that if spaces do become available, there will be a short time frame for you to make your enrollment decision.

Given the fact we may be making admissions decisions in a relatively short time frame, I ask that you respond to me at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu <mailto: lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu> as soon as possible to reconfirm the extent of your interest in the Law Center and let us know of any updates to your law school plans, including any upcoming deadlines.  We also ask that you provide us with information regarding your summer plans and any address changes.  Alternatively, if you would like us to remove your application from consideration, I would appreciate your letting us know that as well.

Thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process.  We will be in touch soon.

Best,

Andrew Cornblatt

Dean of Admissions
Georgetown University Law Center

Non-committal but it can't be a bad thing.  I should have a decision sometime soon.  Anyone else get one?

I got the same e-mail.

kang

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 11:08:08 PM »
to those who have recently received "that" email - are you PT or FT?

Ollie!

• 1 0f 30: U U D D L R L R B A STRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 10:16:43 AM »
to those who have recently received "that" email - are you PT or FT?

FT

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 05:35:11 PM »
uh oh...i'm on the PWL for GULC full-time and i haven't gotten squat from them since december (when they WLed me, was there some kind of form or response we were supposed to send back?)

i guess i'm not going to get pulled from the WL, eh.

redacted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 05:50:08 PM »
Is there any reason to believe that they'll pull exclusively from one waitlist or another?  Is the difference between the 2 (3?) waitlists that significant?  With letters of continuing interest and other updates, I feel like I have at least as good a shot from the plain old waitlist... am I just naive?

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 09:51:34 PM »
uh oh...i'm on the PWL for GULC full-time and i haven't gotten squat from them since december (when they WLed me, was there some kind of form or response we were supposed to send back?)

i guess i'm not going to get pulled from the WL, eh.

um, may I ask why you haven't withdrawn?  no offense or anything, but if I had a PENN acceptance...  well, i wouldn't be looking at GULC WL threads for one thing :p

well for one thing, my SO is in DC so it'd be nice to have an option....

but mostly, it's just out of spite.  for some reason, i'm particularly bitter about this WL - since it was my first response from law schools, i basically freaked out over it and it pratically took away the option of staying with my SO of 3.5 years.So i really want the chance to reject them and decrease their yeild

i'm just an ass. haha

darkside

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 04:20:49 AM »
I'm sure that others have the same WL letter that was originally mailed that said "An e-mail will be sent to you in May asking you to reconfirm your interest and update your contact information."  Or did some not contain this?  I'm PWL FT, have already sent an LOCI in April, which was responded to via email-but it was personal, not one of the "good ones" I've seen here- or maybe it was, and hence I didn't receive one of those cookie cutter ones...

Knightwatch

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 10:34:40 AM »
Does a regular WL PT applicant stand a chance of admission? The letter I received suggested making enrollment deposits at other insitutions. Is this a nice denial with no chance at ever getting in?