Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown waiting list- Strategy?  (Read 9769 times)

lizette112162

• View Profile
    • Email
Georgetown waiting list- Strategy?
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:32:16 PM »
I was so sure that I was an auto reject at Georgetown Law Centre. However, I got a letter informing me that I had been placed on their preferred waiting list.

What are the strategies for people who are on this list,apart from sending a LOCI?

lizette112162

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Georgetown waiting list- Strategy?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 05:30:27 PM »
anyone? :-\

lizette112162

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 05:49:28 PM »
Thanks Camel Man ;D Georgetown University Law "Center"

fredd727

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 05:52:01 PM »
Anyone else get an e-mail from Andrew Cornblatt today?  This is the one I received:

Dear Fred,

I wanted to provide you with an update on your admissions status.  The Committee is in the process of looking at our waiting list candidates, and they have asked me to let you know that you are in a group that they will be looking at in the next week or so.

Our first deposit is due May 1, and we will most likely not know whether we will have any openings until May 8.  It is possible, however, that the Committee may make some decisions before then, some as early as Monday.  Please remember that if spaces do become available, there will be a short time frame for you to make your enrollment decision.

Given the fact we may be making admissions decisions in a relatively short time frame, I ask that you respond to me at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu <mailto: lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu> as soon as possible to reconfirm the extent of your interest in the Law Center and let us know of any updates to your law school plans, including any upcoming deadlines.  We also ask that you provide us with information regarding your summer plans and any address changes.  Alternatively, if you would like us to remove your application from consideration, I would appreciate your letting us know that as well.

Thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process.  We will be in touch soon.

Best,

Andrew Cornblatt

Dean of Admissions
Georgetown University Law Center

Non-committal but it can't be a bad thing.  I should have a decision sometime soon.  Anyone else get one?

kang

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 08:05:15 PM »
i think that email = admissions in a few days

Miguel Bain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 08:48:54 PM »
i think that email = admissions in a few days

Yep. Congrats!

redacted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:09:25 PM »
Tag.  I'm trying to get off the lowest waitlist, I'll need all the help I can get...

lizette112162

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 12:43:11 AM »
Good luck!

Gtown-Hopeful

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 03:36:21 PM »
im on the " preferred" waitlist at G-town ( but not the double-super-secret preferred-preferred waitlist) Those of of you  who got in? what did you do?  I would like to know as many details as humanly possible.

Also what do you think weighs heaviest when they decide who to let in off the waitlist ( GPA/LSAT or  demographic/diversity factors or eagerness to drop everything and go?)

lizette112162

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 03:50:54 PM »
Any input will be appreciated!!