Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would Guns have stopped VT?  (Read 6921 times)

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
Re: Would Guns have stopped VT?
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 12:29:53 PM »
Before i bought mine, i took a class at the local range.  These people were idiots...i felt as if i were in danger once we got to the range.  They would put their fingers on the slide, point the gun in my direction, and one dude would incessently pull the gun back by his ear, like clint eastwood, after every recoil.

No.  The aggregate amount of deaths from having an increase of overall gun ownership would me larger than any amount of lives that may be potentially saved in remote incedents.

Idiots indeed, they pointed the gun at you? That's like the number one thing not to do.

Not point, but theyd swing it and they'd have the business end pointed in my direction.  If youre pointing it anywhere BUT downrange, you endanger me and everyone else there.
Princeton Law 2010

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 12:30:44 PM »
If you can prove that an increase of gun ownership would decrease the aggregate amount of deaths, i would consider it.  But from my anecdotal experience, this would not be possible.

Actually, you need to prove the opposite. It's a Constitutional right.

To own and do what you will on your property.  Not to bring with you into my classroom.
Princeton Law 2010

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 12:30:45 PM »
Before i bought mine, i took a class at the local range.  These people were idiots...i felt as if i were in danger once we got to the range.  They would put their fingers on the slide, point the gun in my direction, and one dude would incessently pull the gun back by his ear, like clint eastwood, after every recoil.

No.  The aggregate amount of deaths from having an increase of overall gun ownership would me larger than any amount of lives that may be potentially saved in remote incedents.

Idiots indeed, they pointed the gun at you? That's like the number one thing not to do.

Not point, but theyd swing it and they'd have the business end pointed in my direction.  If youre pointing it anywhere BUT downrange, you endanger me and everyone else there.

Same thing - idiots and I must admit that'd scare me to death.
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

General2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 12:33:53 PM »
Tag.
W&L Class of 2010

Slow Children At Play

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 12:34:28 PM »
If you can prove that an increase of gun ownership would decrease the aggregate amount of deaths, i would consider it.  But from my anecdotal experience, this would not be possible.

debateble.
[/quote]

I'm not even sure it's up for debate.  As I recall, it violates Federal law to bring a firearm on a school's grounds.
Attending: HLS 2010... boo ya!
In: HLS, CLS(W), NYU(W), UMich(W), UVA(W), Berkeley(W), NWestern(W), Duke(W), ND(W), G-Town(W)
Waitlisted: YLS, UPenn (W), SLS (W)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=SlowChildrenAtPlay

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 12:35:59 PM »

To own and do what you will on your property.  Not to bring with you into my classroom.

Let me check, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people ot keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amend.

No mention of a classroom there.

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 12:36:06 PM »
To quote the words of one retarded republican senator "People kill people, guns dont kill people". Don't ask me for the solution but there ought to be some form of control.  Perhaps not total control cos I would like to protect my fam too but there ought to be stricter measures.
Washington University School of Law 2010

Slow Children At Play

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 12:37:15 PM »

Let me check, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people ot keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amend.

No mention of a classroom there.

The issue is guns in a classroom.  The 2nd Amendment does not apply in this case--at least it has not been interpreted to do so.
Attending: HLS 2010... boo ya!
In: HLS, CLS(W), NYU(W), UMich(W), UVA(W), Berkeley(W), NWestern(W), Duke(W), ND(W), G-Town(W)
Waitlisted: YLS, UPenn (W), SLS (W)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=SlowChildrenAtPlay

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »

debateble.

I'm not even sure it's up for debate.  As I recall, it violates Federal law to bring a firearm on a school's grounds.

Cite? b/c I think this was overturned, could be wrong though. Probably still a state law though.

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
To quote the words of one retarded republican senator "People dont kill people, guns kill people". Utter rubbish. Don't ask me for the solution but there ought to be some form of control.  Perhaps not total control cos I would like to protect my fam too but there ought to be stricter measures.

Before calling somebody retarded, you should get the quote right, you look stupid otherwise. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."