Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PART II - Question for anyone who has actually sat for a real LSAT  (Read 1904 times)

Noooo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: PART II - Question for anyone who has actually sat for a real LSAT
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »
Across the top of each page of the test booklet it says the number of the section you're working on in large print.  It's pretty easy for the proctor to look around and see if someone isn't on the same section as everyone else.

How does that matter?  Say I'm doing section 1.  Dude next to me sees it's RC.  He does RC as section 3.  Dude looks to my scantron section 1 to see my RC answers. 

What if you have RC 1 and 2 with one of them being the experimental?  If he does know that he has RC as 3, he'll have to find out the topics of your passages to see which one lines up to his.

Yes, that's true, and reassuring.  However, still, he could work through his RC, and then see which part of his scantron best matches yours (i.e. your RC 1 or your RC 2).  I'm thinking of the cheater who is just looking to pick up a few answers.

Most test centers assign seats.  So you won't know until you get there who will sit beside you.  And in your scenario, you're assuming the the test taker sitting beside you quickly summed you up and thinks you're smarter than him and worth cheating off of.  What exactly do you plan to do that will exude such confidence and intelligence?  He could just as easily be concerned that you'll cheat off of him.

No, he doesn't need to know if I'm smarter than him (letting the assumption of higher LSAT scorer equaling smarter slide through here).  He just needs to think I'm adequate.  He could take my first 5-10 answers, i.e. the easy ones, and not even do those himself so he'd have more time for the hard ones.  Or he could just "refer" to how I answered certain tough questions, to help him decide which answer he should choose.

If anything I'm assuming that he's an average/slightly above average test taker.  Obviously a high scorer isn't going to do any of this BS. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 02:47:41 PM »
elves smarter than everyone.

LSATisfaction

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 02:51:14 PM »
They set it up so the people around you have different tests than you do. There are 3-4 tests/room.

HaciM36

• Sr. Citizen
  • YUM YUM YUM
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HAC1M36
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 02:52:40 PM »
I don't understand who would be worried about someone cheating off of you. The LSAT is an extremely tough and expensive exam. Also, unless you know the person sitting next to you and how well you "think" they will perform it's your chances are less than optimal to sacrifice your own effort in an attempt to copy off someone sitting near you who may or may not do worse than you. Unless you have a complete moron who is just taking the test for the hell of it and is going in there with an agenda to copy off someone else I wouldnt worry about it too much. Even if that person did somehow "succeed" and was able to obtain a higher score from what he/she would have been able to do on their own, most likely they won't survive law school anyways and will fail out.
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forthfrom thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

LatherRinseRepeat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 09:03:43 PM »
unless you're taking the test with a bow-tie and glasses with tape holding them together, i highly doubt that someone would want to copy your answers.  it's just toooo damn risky.

A. how does he know ur smart?!?!?!?!?
B. even if he knew you had RC in section 1 and he has it in section 3, yours could have been experimental.  you could have the real RC in section 4.
C. everyone is already nervous as it is....no need to add the extra stress of getting caught and ruining the rest of your life.
D. the seats are far from each other making it difficult to cheat.

now, stop posting stupid threads and STUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless of course, you're asking so YOU can cheat!  shame on you!
I respectfully disagree!!

Noooo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 10:20:47 PM »

unless of course, you're asking so YOU can cheat!  shame on you!

It's really annoying how people on this board jump on others so much, even against people who try to be helpful to others when possible. 

I thought it was fair to ask.  Because scores are so important, I am curious about the overall integrity of the exam, hoping that the score everyone gets is what they earned.

Noooo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 10:23:05 PM »
Anyone else think the OP may just be trying to figure out how to cheat himself?

Seriously, dude, you need to chill out.  If you're so worried about the LSAT, you should be spending that energy studying for it instead of freaking out about the very small possibility that someone might be able to cheat off you. 

Taking 5 minutes to ask a question does not mean someone is freaking out or not studying enough. 

LatherRinseRepeat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 10:37:54 PM »
Anyone else think the OP may just be trying to figure out how to cheat himself?

Seriously, dude, you need to chill out.  If you're so worried about the LSAT, you should be spending that energy studying for it instead of freaking out about the very small possibility that someone might be able to cheat off you. 

Taking 5 minutes to ask a question does not mean someone is freaking out or not studying enough. 

hey love.....ain't nobody tryin to knock you down.  there are lot of crazy personalities on this board, and when you've been around for a while, you develop a little chip on your shoulder.  don't ever take anything personally on this board!!!
I respectfully disagree!!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 08:34:16 AM »
They set it up so the people around you have different tests than you do. There are 3-4 tests/room.

no:  test same, but section order scrambled.  everyone take experimental section at same time.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 08:35:45 AM »
I don't understand who would be worried about someone cheating off of you.

same kind as be obsessed about lack of mechanical pencils or what kind watch use.