Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Virginia wait list ? Did it start?  (Read 1036 times)

Georgetown 1st Choice

• View Profile
University of Virginia wait list ? Did it start?
« on: March 08, 2004, 02:47:53 PM »
lhkg

kevinc

• GPA: 3.69, LSAT:165
    • View Profile
Re: University of Virginia wait list ? Did it start?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 08:42:35 AM »
i checked my online status on uva's website a couple days ago. according to the application status monitor, my decision letter was sent out on the 5th (this past friday). so it looks like i'll be hearing from them very very very soon.

i also have a 165...so i'll post whether i got in, got denied, or got waitlisted as soon as i hear back from the admissions office. in the meantime, check out lawschoolnumbers.com to get a better idea of how many people with 165s have been admitted, denied, or waitlisted at uva.

hope that helps. good luck...oh, and by the way, the following link shows you how uva evaluates every application; it might give you an idea why they're taking such a long time with your app. (my app was completed in january, so i've been waiting since january as well...my guess is the longer the wait, the better your chances. i might be hearing back a lot sooner than you becuz i've been denied or placed on the waiting list, while you might still be in contention for a seat in the class of 2007):

http://www.law.virginia.edu/home2002/html/prospectives/jdapp.htm#apps

kevinc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 11:06:53 AM »
yeah i did, but i didn't get in. i'm on their priority waiting list.

kevinc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 01:05:22 PM »
hey georgetown-1st-choice. just wanted to let you know that i got rejected at uva. oh well...i just hope i get into usc.

i hope you receive better news from uva.