Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Where do you think you'll live during 1L?

Mercer
 4 (36.4%)
D'Agostino
 3 (27.3%)
Off Campus
 4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: NYU 2010- Where are you living??  (Read 1064 times)

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
NYU 2010- Where are you living??
« on: April 17, 2007, 10:28:29 AM »
Mercer, D'Agostino or off campus?? Why?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: NYU 2010- Where are you living??
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 10:29:30 AM »
Not sure that I'm going to NYU, but if I do it'll definitely be Mercer.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 10:33:43 AM »

You have some incredible choices, but you can't go wrong with a full ride at NYU! Good for you....wish I was in your shoes!

Any particular reason why you would go with Mercer?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 10:44:22 AM »

You have some incredible choices, but you can't go wrong with a full ride at NYU! Good for you....wish I was in your shoes!

Thanks! The rooms at D'ag were waaaaay too small for me.  It was depressing.  Mercer is so much better in that regard.  I think I'd like to live on campus 1L because I think it'll be better socially and maybe academically and I don't want to deal with the hassle of finding NYC housing from afar.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 10:50:05 AM »

Thanks! The rooms at D'ag were waaaaay too small for me.  It was depressing.  Mercer is so much better in that regard.  I think I'd like to live on campus 1L because I think it'll be better socially and maybe academically and I don't want to deal with the hassle of finding NYC housing from afar.

I agree with that...I'm thinking the same way. Mercer is definitely bigger (12 x 12 to 12x 15 versus 10 x 11 in D'Agostino)- I'm finding it difficult to wade through all of the information NYU provides on its housing. Hard to take roomates, cost, floor level and noise into consideration and figure out what the best situation is!

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 11:24:39 AM »
If I go to NYU, I'll almost certainly live with the bf and a college friend in Brooklyn. Probably for the whole three years, although who knows.

This would actually be one of the draws for me; I'll miss said friend otherwise, and the bf will too (she was his friend first).
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 11:45:06 AM »
If I go to NYU, I'll almost certainly live with the bf and a college friend in Brooklyn. Probably for the whole three years, although who knows.

This would actually be one of the draws for me; I'll miss said friend otherwise, and the bf will too (she was his friend first).

I'm sure that will be a great way to escape being immersed in all things law school 24/7- and cheaper, too, especially since you would be sharing a room. If only I could convince the bf to move to NY....he's too much of a Boston boy (accent and everything, think Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting) to accept being in NY for 3 years!

kirsten11235

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 12:26:27 PM »
I am definitely attending NYU, but I am a New Yorker so this wont be a big change for me (went to NYU undergrad as well).  I will continue living in Brooklyn; the rent is so cheap that I just canít say no to that.  My commute will be one hour each way, but I have done it for work and for undergrad and it is not too bad. 

If anyone has any questions about New York, I can answer some of them.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 12:58:41 PM »
An hour each way? Jesus, where in Brooklyn do you live?
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

kirsten11235

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 01:11:45 PM »
I live in Coney Island / Brighton.  I know that an hour sounds horrible (and it is sometimes), but it also gives you 2 hours a day of mandatory study time.  Plus, like I said absolutely nobody can beat my rent.  And on top of everything, I live with my boyfriend so we divide the rent in half.  Basically, I thought about moving to the city, but if I do I will need to take out 20k+ in extra loans over the 3 years, it is just not worth it.