Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thinking about Ole Miss...  (Read 435 times)

platopotato

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Thinking about Ole Miss...
« on: April 16, 2007, 07:32:38 PM »
What do y'all think of Ole Miss? Anyone go to the open house in March? I am thinking about going next fall even though they didn't offer me a scholarship. They grant most out-of-state students in-state tuition by the 2nd year, so its still pretty cheap. I've narrowed down my decision to U. of Ark Fayetteville (20k $$) or Ole Miss.

To keep my scholarship at Ark, I'd have to be in the top 20% for years 2 and 3. I've heard that the curve at Ark is 2.67... thats very scary. According to the handbook that Ole Miss sent me, their curve is a little above a 3.0.

General2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about Ole Miss...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 07:48:57 PM »
Don't know much about the law school or its rep, but I know a lot about the UG. Although it is much maligned for its overtly pro-South mascot and cheers during football games, I think it's a great place. Everyone is friendly and has a lot of pride in their school. The only alum from the law school I know is doing well in a small firm in Lafayette, LA, but that's not a place most people want to end up at.
W&L Class of 2010

Lew31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 10:32:02 PM »
tag

nickdyal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 11:01:08 AM »
I'm attending Ole Miss in the fall and was wondering if anyone could give me any insight into the law school.  I am also looking for any recommendations for a place to live.

jeeshsta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 01:14:56 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the curve really shouldn't matter if the scholarship requires top x%.  Whether everyone is curved to a B+ or C+, you still need to beat out 80% of your classmates no matter what your GPA is.  I wouldn't worry about the curves...just whether you think you can top 80% and whether its worth it to you to worry about that for the whole first year.
University of Oklahoma '10