Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: George Washington Waitlist  (Read 36353 times)

seahawk87

• View Profile
Re: George Washington Waitlist
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2007, 10:50:37 PM »
Just checked LSN. More high GPAs and low LSATs. GWU must have 25th percentile for LSAT nailed and it is raising its 25th percentile for GPA with these monster GPAs. The low LSATs never make the scorecard. If you check Texas, looks like just the opposite happened.

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2007, 06:31:34 AM »
I fit the high GPA/low(er) LSAT bill though I was accepted FT whereas it seems most of the high GPA/low LSAT people accepted on LSN were PT admits (even if they weren't coded as such).

comatose

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2007, 09:13:55 AM »
hi seahawk. i was also a high GPA/low(er) lsat but i was admitted into the full time program which surprised me. I thought that the best i could wish for was a PT acceptance but when the dean called i doublechecked with her and she confirmed that i had been accepted for fulltime. i guess all that persistence and enthusiasm for the school paid off. :) hope that helps! being on waitlist status is pure hell. good luck!

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2007, 10:29:35 AM »
I fit the high GPA/low(er) LSAT bill though I was accepted FT whereas it seems most of the high GPA/low LSAT people accepted on LSN were PT admits (even if they weren't coded as such).

Yeah, but your GPA is RIDICULOUS (even if it did come from UDel).
VIP.

seahawk87

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2007, 10:39:11 AM »
Congrats to Comatose et al on being admitted! I hope I fare the same.

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2007, 11:15:04 AM »

Ouch...lol. How'd you know I went to UD?

Edit: I probably talked about being in the area re: Jet games once or something, right?

kulrythm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2007, 11:16:12 AM »
Just checked LSN. More high GPAs and low LSATs. GWU must have 25th percentile for LSAT nailed and it is raising its 25th percentile for GPA with these monster GPAs.

I agree.  Looks like I'm screwed.   :'(

lflyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2007, 10:50:30 PM »

Edit: I probably talked about being in the area re: Jet games once or something, right?

A fellow UD grad?  Awesome.  Are you from the class of 07 or in years past?  I didn't read through the entire thread but I noticed a couple posts back you had BUSL 2010 and took it down. You thinking about GW now? By the way, congrats on the acceptance.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2007, 12:24:57 AM »

I saw it on the LSD facebook group, actually... BTW, I was at the Villanova/Delaware football game this past season. What a great game...  ;D
VIP.

myconfessions

• ''Denny Crane, legal genius.'' -Denny Crane
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2007, 12:59:05 PM »
It appears that the GW waitlist movement is over.  On LSN, two people got into the part-time program, and four people into the full-time program.  Any guesses as to how many people total got off?  Although it's quite obvious that LSN isn't representative of all applicants,  I believe the "most active" members of the GW waitlist (i.e. those who sent in the most LOCI, recommendations, etc) are more likely to be LSN users and similarly more likely to be offered a spot.  Therefore, I would predict that only 10-20 people total were offered a seat off of the waitlist.  Thoughts?
GW Law Class of 2010