Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: George Washington Waitlist  (Read 36505 times)

Money, baby

• You make bunny cry...
    • View Profile
Re: George Washington Waitlist
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 10:37:48 AM »
I didn't receive a letter, either:(

Are you on the waitlist for full-time or part-time? Maybe not getting the letter is good news, they might be getting ready to call  :)
"And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny."

legally law

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2007, 11:38:51 AM »
I didn't receive a letter, either:(

Are you on the waitlist for full-time or part-time? Maybe not getting the letter is good news, they might be getting ready to call  :)

I'm on the FT waiting list (I think - I applied to both programs, though). 
I know - that email sounds a little forbidding, maybe it IS a good sign that some of us didn't get it....
Thanks for sharing the email, comatose.

comatose

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2007, 04:51:17 PM »
no problem at all! this wait is driving me CRAZY so posting on this board (as neurotic as this might sound) helps me to cope. :)

legally law

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2007, 10:09:51 AM »
no problem at all! this wait is driving me CRAZY so posting on this board (as neurotic as this might sound) helps me to cope. :)

I think this board might be the only thing keeping me sane throughout all of this waiting....knowing that there are other people in the same situation helps a little bit ;)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 11:29:28 AM »
[Captain],

I apologize for the delay in responding to your earlier message.

You are on the wait list for a seat in our full-time program.  However, at this point, I believe that it is very unlikely that we will be able to move you to the full-time program for your first semester at GW.  (You will be able to switch to the full-time program at the start of your second semester.)

We have received more first deposits than in past years.   We expect that a number of first depositors will withdraw or fail to make the required second seat deposit -- but I do not think it likely that there will be a enough withdrawals to open up seats in the full-time program.

All I can suggest is that you check back with me in the middle of June. 

Anne
VIP.

myconfessions

• ''Denny Crane, legal genius.'' -Denny Crane
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 11:44:54 AM »
Captain,

Did that solidify your decision to attend Emory?  Might be worth it to withdraw so you can start financial aid paperwork (if needed) and registration at Emory.  Also, I'm sure you will feel better to not have to wait any longer to know where you're going.

[Captain],

I apologize for the delay in responding to your earlier message.

You are on the wait list for a seat in our full-time program.  However, at this point, I believe that it is very unlikely that we will be able to move you to the full-time program for your first semester at GW.  (You will be able to switch to the full-time program at the start of your second semester.)

We have received more first deposits than in past years.   We expect that a number of first depositors will withdraw or fail to make the required second seat deposit -- but I do not think it likely that there will be a enough withdrawals to open up seats in the full-time program.

All I can suggest is that you check back with me in the middle of June. 

Anne
GW Law Class of 2010

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 12:01:07 PM »
that wasn't so subtle
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2007, 12:18:52 PM »
that wasn't so subtle

Not at all.

They aren't getting the $800 deposit check from me on June 15th anyway.
VIP.

Money, baby

• You make bunny cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2007, 12:23:36 PM »
that wasn't so subtle

LOL, so true. Subtle like a bat to the head!!

Subtle, what?  ;) I think it could have used a self-deprecating smiley to soften the obvious desperation, ex: ;D
"And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny."

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2007, 07:25:27 PM »
at least she was pretty honest rather than trying to string him along.