Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: George Washington Waitlist  (Read 36319 times)

redacted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: George Washington Waitlist
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 08:30:57 AM »
Tag... even though I'd probably still be a Longhorn...

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 11:40:39 AM »
I emailed Dean Richard last night... Further info to follow.
VIP.

Money, baby

• You make bunny cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 02:15:45 PM »
I have a feeling that the email Dean Richard sent right before the deadline stating that if they were going to make any additional aid offers it would be after the first deposit deadline netted the deposits of a whole bunch of people who wont end up going.

I wonder if that means that they will be making some aid offers to people coming off the waitlist...
"And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny."

legally law

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 03:58:19 PM »
When do you think you will hear from GULC?  Or do they just ask you to wait until July or August?

legally law

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 12:24:46 PM »
Thanks DCB2006 & Good Luck!!! 

mysled

• Will they never learn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 03:18:38 AM »
As murraj reported, decisions won't come until late June.  Letter dated May 14th confirmed it.

djtanner

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 10:02:10 AM »
Did everyone else get the May 14th letter already?  What exactly did it say?  Did it ask anything?  Thanks
As murraj reported, decisions won't come until late June.  Letter dated May 14th confirmed it.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 03:13:35 PM »

I have received no such letter. Then again, I am not necessarily even on the WL...crap.
VIP.

legally law

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 05:55:32 PM »
I didn't receive a letter, either:(

comatose

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 05:56:12 PM »
I just received the waitlist update letter today and it said the following:
"I write to update you on the status of our wait list. At this time, we are not able to make any additional offers of admission due to the large number of first deposits we have received. As in past years, we anticipate that a number of our first depositors will withdraw and that some seats in our entering class will become available to wait-listed candidates during the spring and summer months. However, we do not expect to be in a position to make any offers of admission to wait-listed candidates until late June (after the second seat deposit deadline has passed). we understand that this may place you in a difficult position and that you may choose to make final plans for next year.  If you do not wish to remain on our wait list, we would appreciate your letting us know by sending an email to jdadmit@law.gwu.edu. If you are willing to wait with us you need not do anything at this time...blah blah..thank you."

Hope this helps!