Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: George Washington Waitlist  (Read 35500 times)

legally law

• View Profile
Re: George Washington Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 02:38:27 PM »
tag

myconfessions

• ''Denny Crane, legal genius.'' -Denny Crane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 09:43:38 PM »
So according to LSN no one has moved off of the waitlist.  Perhaps it's going to be a late waitlist season?
GW Law Class of 2010

comatose

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 10:54:47 PM »
i'm beginning to think so too..just my luck! i just hope they have some seats opening up. :)

comatose

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2007, 12:04:52 AM »
hey dcb..don't take this the wrong way but i have to ask for the benefit of those on the board and others who are waiting. how are you the only one always privy to this GW waitlist insider's info? i think you posted something earlier about the importance of a LOCI and now you are sharing this bit about the deposits. do you go to the undergrad, have a friend in admissions...?

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2007, 11:45:48 AM »
Hehe, I assure my so-called "access" is actually a lot more coincidental than that. The LOCI thing was something I overheard when I was physically in the admissions office waiting for someone to take me to the class I was visiting. The more recent news, well, it comes from a source that is pretty darn reliable, and I came across it in the context of discussing an entirely different subject relating to GW. Honestly, I'm not trying to be obtuse here -- I'm just uneasy about being too explicit in citing exactly what was said or who said it (read between the lines!).

Well, there is a good chance they aren't getting MY second deposit, that's for sure.
VIP.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 01:39:19 PM »
I have a feeling that the email Dean Richard sent right before the deadline stating that if they were going to make any additional aid offers it would be after the first deposit deadline netted the deposits of a whole bunch of people who wont end up going.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 01:28:48 AM »
so no GW Waitlist decisions before June 15?
VIP.

murraj

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 04:20:51 PM »
I spoke to a guy in the admissions office last week and he told me that they wouldn't start making waitlist decisions until June.  More waiting....

comatose

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 06:40:32 PM »
thanks for taking the initiative and asking for us, murraj. :) at least now i can chill out for a bit...

murraj

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 08:19:59 PM »
Is anyone sending additional things in?  The guy I talked to basically told me to "bring it on" in terms of additional LORs and what not.  So I've been sending something every couple of weeks or so.