Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: George Washington Waitlist  (Read 35509 times)

kulrythm

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: George Washington Waitlist
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2007, 12:15:03 AM »
Well your high GPA and 161 LSAT is an exact fit for the profile of those admitted off the waitlist so far on LSN. So, maybe your call prompted a good decision for you.

But, there's no question in my mind that it would take an awefully long time to go through all of the waitlisters.  There are about 200 waitlisters on LSN, and the total number of applicants on LSN is about 10% of the total yearly number of applications that they get.  So, if LSN has a representative distribution of the applicant pool, then there could be as many as 2000 people on the waitlist.

comatose

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2007, 06:40:26 AM »
Your numbers are almost identical to mine, PlzAccept, so if GW is still looking for the same type of candidate in terms of numbers, you are in the running. However, you should definitely send LOCI's and additional recs if you haven't done so already. I really expressed my interest strongly and persistently (without sounding desperate :)) and I think that is what helped me to get off the list last month.  Good luck!

myconfessions

• ''Denny Crane, legal genius.'' -Denny Crane
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2007, 12:21:55 PM »
I second the LOCI comment.  I was the king of them.  I'm not going to mention how many I sent, but it was about one every two weeks.  Got in though!  At this point, they only want to admit people who they know will come.  Fewer offers of admission = higher ranking.  Good luck everyone. 
GW Law Class of 2010

Nucleosynthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2007, 02:48:42 PM »
i called today and they said that the letters were sent out yesterday and that my file was complete...so i assumed that i was rejected.  then they called back and told me that they had trimmed down the waitlist to a FEW HUNDRED (hahaha) and that i'm still on it.  i'm going to write a letter telling them that i'd basically do just about ANYTHING to go there...so anyway, good luck to everyone, and i hope this helps! (so, don't freak out too badly if/when you find a small envelope from GW in your mailbox)

also, they were REALLY nice when i called...much appreciated  :)

PlzAccept

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2007, 08:20:58 PM »
If you don't mind me asking nucleosynthesis, what are your numbers?

I sent an LOCI awhile back at the end of May, but I'll send another one... hopefully it's not too late. 

It sorta seems like the story changes a bit every time someone calls... But, it seems like the cycle will have to reach an end sometime soon.

Nucleosynthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2007, 11:12:15 AM »
gpa ~3.7 (major was chemical engineering) and 164 lsat (I obviously don't care if anyone finds out who I am...as I would do anything to go to GW.)

Though, I don't know if numbers matter at this point... I don't know how credible this is, but my friend that goes to GW told me that they don't have to report the "numbers" of people taken off the waitlist, that they don't count towards their averages...

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2007, 12:28:40 PM »
gpa ~3.7 (major was chemical engineering) and 164 lsat (I obviously don't care if anyone finds out who I am...as I would do anything to go to GW.)

Though, I don't know if numbers matter at this point... I don't know how credible this is, but my friend that goes to GW told me that they don't have to report the "numbers" of people taken off the waitlist, that they don't count towards their averages...

Close to 100% sure that this isn't true.

myconfessions

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2007, 12:40:30 PM »

Close to 100% sure that this isn't true.

100% sure that is not true.  All numbers for admitted students count.
GW Law Class of 2010

myconfessions

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2007, 12:49:35 PM »
According to LSN GW sent out WL/Rejection letters in the latest batch.  That must have been the letters they said they sent out.
GW Law Class of 2010

Nucleosynthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2007, 01:00:02 PM »
yea...it sounded pretty false to me as well...