Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: George Washington Waitlist  (Read 35705 times)

myconfessions

• ''Denny Crane, legal genius.'' -Denny Crane
    • View Profile
Re: George Washington Waitlist
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2007, 07:43:48 PM »
Anne Richard has thus far called everyone who got in off of the waitlist.  The answer the admissions office gave doesn't seem to make much sense.  Hmm...
GW Law Class of 2010

nuhere

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2007, 01:21:41 AM »
Anne Richard has thus far called everyone who got in off of the waitlist.  The answer the admissions office gave doesn't seem to make much sense.  Hmm...

Hmn! That just might mean bad news for the rest of us. >:(

comatose

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2007, 09:16:04 AM »
ur right about the phone calls. i got a call as well. maybe they are rejecting people off the waitlist by snail mail?

kulrythm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2007, 05:00:41 PM »
Would they really bother rejecting a lot of people off the waitlist?  I would expect them just to do nothing rather than spending the time rejecting a lot of people.  What if a few more people withdraw, and now they don't have any remaining waitlisters to admit?  It seems like they would only reject someone off the waitlist if they realized later that they made a mistake by waitlisting them, and that they would never admit that person under any circumstances.  But, what do I know? (answer: nothing)

nuhere

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2007, 09:15:07 PM »
I called again (yea pitiful) and the person i spoke with this time (a guy) said "notification" would be made by the end of this week.

One WL,Accepted on LSD - actually more like a Rejection,Accepted.

PlzAccept

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2007, 09:52:22 PM »
I've been reading this discussion board for the last couple weeks.  My curiosity is getting to me... I have a 3.9 and 161... do you all think it is hopeless?  It is hard to tell on LSN, it seems like they are accepting kind of random numbers.

Hopefully we will all know soom. 

toad85

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2007, 09:54:24 PM »
Do you happen to know if it is one standard notification updating people on what's happening or if some will be accepted/released?  Thanks

nuhere

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2007, 12:31:56 AM »
Once again I got vague answers. I did ask how people would be 'notified' and he responded (confirming what others said) that those accepted would get a phone call and others ...... a letter.

kulrythm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2007, 12:49:56 AM »
So, are you able to confirm (or at least support) the suggestion that they are actually going to reject people off of the waitlist rather than just never sending them anything?

PlzAccept

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2007, 09:11:19 PM »
I called today, they put me on hold for awhile and then took my social and told me that my file was in review and wouldn't be until next week atleast that I hear from them.... maybe it is just taking them a long time to go through the waitlist and make decisions.