Is anyone else on the waitlist taking them up on their offer to let you apply for deferred admittance into the 2008 or 2009 class? Chicago is my first choice (and a school I never even thought I'd get this far with) so I will DEFINITELY be doing this.
What do you think the odds on deferred admission are? Anyone else in this same boat?
I'm in the same boat. I will definitely request the deferral/stay on wl. I already paid for the app, so I might as well. I think it would be odd to be wl'ed this year then be denied a requested deferral, but I don't know what their evaluation categories are. I'm also not sure if a denied deferral = rejection or if it means you can send in a new app for '08 and pay the fee again. I would assume odds are good, given that they offer the option and that we made the waitlist, but this is pure speculation.
There are a lot of reasons I'd like to go to Chicago but ultimately I probably won't go due to their complete and utter lack of LRAP. I wouldn't mind kicking around here for another year, saving some more, taking a vacation, and having a lot of time to find housing and move. That part of it would be nice.