Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chicago waitlist/option to defer for one or two years  (Read 797 times)

pea27

• View Profile
Chicago waitlist/option to defer for one or two years
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:40:08 PM »
Is anyone else on the waitlist taking them up on their offer to let you apply for deferred admittance into the 2008 or 2009 class?  Chicago is my first choice (and a school I never even thought I'd get this far with) so I will DEFINITELY be doing this.

What do you think the odds on deferred admission are?  Anyone else in this same boat?

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago waitlist/option to defer for one or two years
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 03:03:03 PM »
Is anyone else on the waitlist taking them up on their offer to let you apply for deferred admittance into the 2008 or 2009 class?  Chicago is my first choice (and a school I never even thought I'd get this far with) so I will DEFINITELY be doing this.

What do you think the odds on deferred admission are?  Anyone else in this same boat?

I'm in the same boat.  I will definitely request the deferral/stay on wl.  I already paid for the app, so I might as well.  I think it would be odd to be wl'ed this year then be denied a requested deferral, but I don't know what their evaluation categories are.  I'm also not sure if a denied deferral = rejection or if it means you can send in a new app for '08 and pay the fee again.  I would assume odds are good, given that they offer the option and that we made the waitlist, but this is pure speculation.

There are a lot of reasons I'd like to go to Chicago but ultimately I probably won't go due to their complete and utter lack of LRAP.  I wouldn't mind kicking around here for another year, saving some more, taking a vacation, and having a lot of time to find housing and move.  That part of it would be nice.
U of Chicago 2010.

legally law

• View Profile
Re: Chicago waitlist/option to defer for one or two years
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:12:33 PM »
bump