Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA vs. USC($$)  (Read 1899 times)

moonpie

• Sr. Citizen
  • No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
Re: UCLA vs. USC($$)
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 04:05:21 AM »
One advantage on UCLA's side seems to be the 1L schedule.

*UCLA's classes don't start before 9AM, while some USC student will have class at 8.30AM. While I would never make that a deciding factor in choosing a school, just something to point out. That 30 minutes means thirty more minutes of sleep, which some people won't get enough of.
*USC has a fifth class, Law, Langauge, and Ethics in the fall and Legal Profession in the spring. While the classes might be cool and all, it is annoying to know that with what will already be a crowded schedule, I have to take what is essentially an elective class. Though who knows, maybe the classes will be really interesting.
*The Legal Writing class at USC is graded. This is a mixed blessing. On one hand, you will take the class more seriously. On the other hand, well, you will have to take the class more seriously!

If there's a major cost difference, go with the cheaper school, IMO. UCLA is also nice because its' a lot easier to live within walking distance reasonably, because there's a lot more grad student housing.

Miles Massey

• Sr. Citizen
  • You fascinate me.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 06:57:24 PM »
bump
UCLA Class of 2010!

George545454

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 10:15:32 PM »
Another bump. I am especially interested to hear from the person who said they liked USC's location better. What about it?

Mistah FAB

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 10:20:14 PM »
Another bump. I am especially interested to hear from the person who said they liked USC's location better. What about it?

if there is one place to get hyphy in so cal it is compton!  I LOVE USC's location.  It is HELLAsweet.

keelee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 10:44:57 PM »

People like to mock it's location, and it has its negative, but it has one huge positive: it is virtually in downtown Los Angeles, right next to all the law firms, government offices, etc.
Going to as of now...USC or Fordham.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 08:13:02 AM »

if there is one place to get hyphy in so cal it is compton!  I LOVE USC's location.  It is HELLAsweet.

USC is not located in Compton. Compton is as far away as the beach is.

chisoxindc

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »
Some would argue that USC's location is an advantage if you want criminal because you can start networking with clients from day 1 (bad joke, but I went to USC undergrad so I'm exempt -- sort of like the Jewish dentist episode of Seinfeld).