Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tulane - Class of 2010  (Read 24361 times)

John Blackthorne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tulane - Class of 2010
« Reply #290 on: July 25, 2007, 11:31:57 PM »

if you guys plan on seeing any Saints games, you should, the tickets are on sale through the Saints website.  http://www.neworleanssaints.com/.  All of the homegame tickets are season tickets, so you must buy them on TicketExchange (on the website--yes, it is legalised scalping).  anyways, Saints football is king here from Jan. 1 till December 31.  There are already people wearin' full gear around town and preseason starts on August 5 vs. Pittsburg.  There are preseason tickets available in the cheap seats for $17.  The cheapest regular season ticket I found was $70. 
"I only eat inorganic foods. If it doesn't contain molybdenum or something from the noble gases, I'm just not interested"-- Lyle McDonald

quem vem la-sou eu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 26, 2007, 04:18:37 PM »
The guy I talked to while I was down there was some type of agent/contractor/realtor; he never really told me exactly who he was... we were shooting the sh*t and I brought it up jokingly and he said that would be great and to give him my info... so Im not really sure if itll happen or not, as I haven't heard anything back about it yet... but who knows when that house is gonna get finished anyway.  I am all about sportsbar'ing it up with you kind folks... strength in numbers right?

New Bruno's?

quem vem la-sou eu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 26, 2007, 05:35:48 PM »
Cooter Brown's is also a good NFL option.

John Blackthorne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 26, 2007, 07:11:30 PM »

pretty much any bar in the city with a tv becomes a sportsbar on sundays during the nfl season. some places, like phillips (on maple) or friar tucks (on freret) have big projection screens that they pull down for football games.  its also alot of funto head down to the quarter on sunday morning and see a game down there.  there are some bars where everyone is in a saints jersey.  and, after saints victory's the quarter is a huge celebration.
"I only eat inorganic foods. If it doesn't contain molybdenum or something from the noble gases, I'm just not interested"-- Lyle McDonald

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2007, 04:20:41 PM »
The guy I talked to while I was down there was some type of agent/contractor/realtor; he never really told me exactly who he was... we were shooting the sh*t and I brought it up jokingly and he said that would be great and to give him my info... so Im not really sure if itll happen or not, as I haven't heard anything back about it yet... but who knows when that house is gonna get finished anyway.  I am all about sportsbar'ing it up with you kind folks... strength in numbers right?

New Bruno's?

I <3 New Bruno's.

John Blackthorne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2007, 04:45:46 PM »

New Bruno's?

I <3 New Bruno's.

how sad

quem vem la-sou eu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2007, 07:12:58 PM »
Has old Bruno's closed down yet? I have many great memories of that place.

John Blackthorne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2007, 07:25:59 PM »
Has old Bruno's closed down yet? I have many great memories of that place.

last time i went to maple st. (about 3 wks ago) it was closed for the night (i think it was a monday) but supposably still open

walk it out

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2007, 08:52:46 PM »
old brunos > new brunos

And I think Old Brunos is only open on the weekends now.  They've been threatening to close it for a year now.  I don't know if the lease ended up being hashed out or what.

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2007, 02:22:52 AM »
Old Bruno's was open for a private party about a week and a half ago.

I hear Old Bruno's is fun..  but if you want to use the restroom, go to New Bruno's.