Law School Discussion

Tulane - Class of 2010

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
Re: Tulane - Class of 2010
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 04:14:09 PM »
Sweet!  I'm so excited.

How are y'all going about looking for apartments?  Just gonna drive around and call "For Rent" sign numbers, or what?

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 06:51:35 PM »
How are y'all going about looking for apartments?  Just gonna drive around and call "For Rent" sign numbers, or what?

I went to Tulane UG ('03). I'm hoping a spot opens up in my friends' apartment, but if not, there's a lot available right now. The prices are crazy compared to what they were before.

kirkcameronsgf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 06:52:43 PM »

I went to Tulane UG ('03). I'm hoping a spot opens up in my friends' apartment, but if not, there's a lot available right now. The prices are crazy compared to what they were before.

Crazy high or crazy low?  I've been looking at them, but I don't have anything to compare it to pre-Katrina.

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 06:56:29 PM »
The apartment I want to move into was $333 when I graduated ('03), going up to $667 now. That's a little extreme. I know the typical Katrina increase has been like %30-40. 

kirkcameronsgf

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 06:58:26 PM »
The apartment I want to move into was $333 when I graduated ('03), going up to $667 now. That's a little extreme. I know the typical Katrina increase has been like %30-40. 

Holy crap.  I hope it goes down (at least a little) in the next few years.

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 10:58:51 AM »
Do you know where you want to work when you're done?

Right now I can imagine myself working in the Austin-Houston-New Orleans stretch of the U.S. or almost anywhere outside of the United States.  That said, I am keeping my options open, because I imagine a lot could change in the next three to four years.

Do you have any strong legal interests and/or geographic preferences going into law school?

kirkcameronsgf

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 11:44:01 AM »
At this point, I'm just going to see what happens and what I become interested in.  I wouldn't mind coming back to Dallas when it's all said and done, but any other big city (for the most part) would be wonderful too.

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 04:07:18 PM »
am i the red-headed stepchild to chime in as a future Wolfpack law student?

kirkcameronsgf

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 04:09:58 PM »

Nah, it's all good.  We're all going to be city-buddies anyway.  Speaking of which, how do you intend on going about looking for housing, tenacious?

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 04:14:31 PM »

Nah, it's all good.  We're all going to be city-buddies anyway.  Speaking of which, how do you intend on going about looking for housing, tenacious?

my crazy ass is driving down there thursday-sunday from michigan and looking around.  thing is i'd much rather live with people for the legal study pressure, etc.  what's your facebook future city neighbor?