Law School Discussion

"Just Take the June LSAT for Experience"

"Just Take the June LSAT for Experience"
« on: April 15, 2007, 09:54:51 PM »
So...I thought I was ready for the June LSAT.  However, my tutor just gave me a dose of reality - "You'll have a better chance in Sept.  You are not ready for June - but you should still take it for the experience so you know what it feels like". Damn! I felt drained when he said this...even anger.  Since I work full time and am a single mom...taking it in Sept doesn't sound like a bad idea - realistic.

Oh well...

nealric

• a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: "Just Take the June LSAT for Experience"
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 10:01:12 PM »
Dont trust your tutor on if you are ready.

If your full length practices are where you need them to be, go ahead and take.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 10:02:45 PM »
Dont trust your tutor on if you are ready.

If your full length practices are where you need them to be, go ahead and take.

Amen!  I hear you loud and clear.  I'm still taking it in June - no doubt!

monserrat

• mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 10:08:55 PM »
if you feel ready, by all means take it...but DO NOT take the real LSAT for practice, trust me.. this is coming from a girl who took it twice and should've canceled the first one.

Funky Cold Hrdina

• Relative Anonymity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 10:58:32 PM »
if you feel ready, by all means take it...but DO NOT take the real LSAT for practice, trust me.. this is coming from a girl who took it twice and should've canceled the first one.

TITCR.

What are you paying this clown?!?

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 11:59:29 PM »
Taking it just for practice is a little silly.  $$ and having the cancellation on your record... just not worth it.

I agree with this. And especially considering the fact that if you don't cancel, your score will still be reported on your LSAC report and there are still some schools that average instead of just taking the higher score. Take a practice test under timed conditions for experience and only take the real thing when you are ready...and no one knows when you are ready better than you do. I hope you are not paying this tutor a crazy amount of money.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 12:26:07 AM »
I totally agree - Take it only when u r ready.  There is a possibility that he's trying to milk more $$$ from me.  It will be very nice if I get a good score and showed it to him.  And say - YOU WERE WRONG!