Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Loyola-New Orleans, don't forget to write?  (Read 2528 times)

njmiller4

• View Profile
    • Email
Loyola-New Orleans, don't forget to write?
« on: April 15, 2007, 10:01:39 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has heard from them.  I've crossed them off my list now, but I still want to know what happened to my file.  I applied in January, but I haven't gotten anything, no email, no letter, no nothing.  Tulane was so quick in responding....

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Loyola-New Orleans, don't forget to write?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 11:55:38 PM »
No personal experiences, but I hear Loyola is an interesting school to deal with.  My Tulane tour guide says they spend a very long time on each application. Later that night I heard overheard some 0Ls make a joke about the students always saying they go to law school in New Orleans rather than saying they go to Loyola in hopes people would think they meant Tulane.

That said I hear pretty good things about the education their students receive for Louisiana practice.

the scientist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 02:43:28 PM »
I applied on 21 feb and got waitlisted there at April 5th. I donít think if that was a slow response considering my low lsat.  How are job prospects for Loyoloa NO graduates in NYC/NJ market.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 02:55:59 PM »
Loyola NO does not place in New York.  You have little to no chance of going straight to New York from Loyola.

I could not find a single lawyer from Loyola in the state of New Jersey or New York on Marindale.

the scientist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 03:06:21 PM »
I donít remember why I even applied to the school.  But there was someone on this board (from NJ) who was a 1L in Loyola NO and had nothing but good things to say about the school.  He had already secured a summer internship position at a decent NYC firm.  Probably that had triggered me to apply there.   I heard the ppl and the weather are both nice and friendly. 

tenaciousb

• AOL Instant Messenger - CollegiateError
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 08:41:02 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has heard from them.  I've crossed them off my list now, but I still want to know what happened to my file.  I applied in January, but I haven't gotten anything, no email, no letter, no nothing.  Tulane was so quick in responding....

I applied February 1st and heard back immediately - i would contact them asap
Loyola New Orleans Class of '10

tenaciousb

• AOL Instant Messenger - CollegiateError
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 08:42:06 PM »
No personal experiences, but I hear Loyola is an interesting school to deal with.  My Tulane tour guide says they spend a very long time on each application. Later that night I heard overheard some 0Ls make a joke about the students always saying they go to law school in New Orleans rather than saying they go to Loyola in hopes people would think they meant Tulane.

That said I hear pretty good things about the education their students receive for Louisiana practice.

wow im already beginning to hate Tulane kids
Loyola New Orleans Class of '10

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 09:21:25 AM »

wow im already beginning to hate Tulane kids

In his defense, he was a Tulane UG and I believe there is some small NOLA rivalry between the schools (the are right next to each other after all).  This guy was an ass though, and headed up to Columbia (he went to the ASW for the free stuff). 

PS: I remember driving around Tulane trying to figure out where to park and seeing this very nice parking structure right in front of the Tulane law building.  Needless to say, I was very impressed with how Tulane had catered to the law students, that is until I noticed all of the Loyola signs on the garage.  >:(

quem vem la-sou eu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 12:07:51 AM »

In his defense, he was a Tulane UG and I believe there is some small NOLA rivalry between the schools (the are right next to each other after all).  This guy was an ass though, and headed up to Columbia (he went to the ASW for the free stuff). 

Yeah, when Tulane Bball plays Loyola it's known as "the battle of the Catholics and the Jews" and the crowd in Fogelman gets pretty raucous.

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 06:05:40 PM »
loyola new orleans has a beautiful campus across from audubon park.  highly recommend the school if you are going to stay in new orleans or work in lousiana.  supposedly it places better than lsu in new orleans.  tulane kids all flee the state for the northeast after their last exam 3L.  i've met nice students at both schools and almost was a first year at loyola new orleans in '05.  the admissions staff at loyno was great since they got me in within weeks of orientation.  unfortunately, i had to bail and then of course the hurricane came.
FIU Class of 2009