Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cooley  (Read 8747 times)

cowher101

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cooley
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2007, 01:29:58 AM »
A JD is a JD is a JD. Thats the way I feel about it. Oh, you're going to give me a scholarship? Great! I'll take it.

keelee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2007, 01:32:22 AM »
A JD is a JD is a JD. Thats the way I feel about it. Oh, you're going to give me a scholarship? Great! I'll take it.

Oh, you're going to take away my scholarship because I wasn't in the top 25% and now I have to pay full tutition.

While many people share your belief that "a JD is a JD is a JD", the sad reality is that isn't the truth. A JD from Pittsburgh will take you places. A JD from Cooley? Not really.
Going to as of now...USC or Fordham.

jags1991

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2007, 01:37:11 AM »
ok, i see your point cowher101, a jd is a jd.  I mean when you are arguing your case in front of a judge he is not going to be like hey where did you go to law school??? Oh you went to Cooley?? Get out of my Courtroom.  I mean yes a law degree is a law degree.  But Still, you must understand if you decide to go to law school at Cooley they have some major problems (bar passage rate, stacking sections, etc)

cowher101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2007, 01:45:19 AM »
I talked to admissions at Cooley about this very issue. They told me that the only thing I had to do in order to keep my scholarship was to maintain a 2.0. I don't think that's very unreasonable. I mean, if I don't get a 2.0, I don't graduate.

Maybe a JD from Pitt will take you places, but the guys that I know who went to Pitt are kinda stuck with nothing special at all. So I don't see the pay off from going to Pitt over Going to Cooley and getting a scholarship.

jags1991

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2007, 01:49:17 AM »
I talked to admissions at Cooley about this very issue. They told me that the only thing I had to do in order to keep my scholarship was to maintain a 2.0. I don't think that's very unreasonable.

well im not sure about this...but if thats the case how can cooley be section stacking?? you mean only the top 25 percent get a 2.0...wow if thats the case that is ridicolous

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2007, 02:18:05 AM »
Many, many people who start at cooley dont graduate.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

cowher101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2007, 02:24:56 AM »
So you think I'll have a hard time at Cooley?

barenakedtjm

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2007, 02:41:35 AM »
I think you'll have a hard time finding a good job coming out of cooley.  I know a lot of people hate on Cooley, but there are a few reasons for it.  Make sure you consider all of your options very carefully.  Good luck in your decision, though.

The Troll King

• ME WANT CONTRIBUTE DISCUSSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2007, 04:08:50 AM »
WHO FARTED?!
Lurking since Y1K

Nimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2007, 04:20:30 AM »
I talked to admissions at Cooley about this very issue. They told me that the only thing I had to do in order to keep my scholarship was to maintain a 2.0. I don't think that's very unreasonable. I mean, if I don't get a 2.0, I don't graduate.

Maybe a JD from Pitt will take you places, but the guys that I know who went to Pitt are kinda stuck with nothing special at all. So I don't see the pay off from going to Pitt over Going to Cooley and getting a scholarship.

According to the yahoo group which provides resources for students considering transferring (and by the way there are more Cooley people there than from any other school) I see a 2.9 as being in the top 19%.  They really try to fail you out or take away your scholarship.  That curve is 2.5 at the highest.