Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Law Class of 2010 (or 2011)!!!  (Read 30273 times)

SugarJ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Law Class of 2010 (or 2011)!!!
« Reply #220 on: May 13, 2007, 01:05:35 PM »
Has anyone heard back about their Hughes status yet?

I'm fairly certain that you don't find that out until mid-summer.  That really sucks too, because if you don't get it, then you have to deal with finding an apartment (what I ended up doing).

I was poking around the housing website and logged into my account (I applied online).  Under the application tab, it reads "Room Reservation: HUGH L06-1," which I assume is good news.  I seem to remember the rooms having odd numbers like L06-1 (I'm guessing that indicates floor, suite, and room within suite maybe).

If you have a username/password, you may want to check it out. 

Thanks for the info, Pelikan2!  I got "HUGH G12-1"!  I wonder if there's any way we can find out the size of the rooms...

Can't you request a small, medium, large and extra-large rooms (which are priced accordingly)?
Cornell Class of 2011 (deferring for a year!)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=30secondstolaw

Pelikan2

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 13, 2007, 01:09:42 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks for the info, Pelikan2!  I got "HUGH G12-1"!  I wonder if there's any way we can find out the size of the rooms...
[/quote]

Awesome - I'm glad you're in!  I'm going to call and bother them on Monday just to confirm that I have a room.  I'll ask them then if there's a way to tell size.

SugarJ - You list your order or preference for room size, and cost does vary accordingly.  However, I was told that the differences in size are pretty small, so it's not necessarily worth the extra money to move up a size.

Cornell Law 2010

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 13, 2007, 04:24:57 PM »
Has anyone heard back about their Hughes status yet?

I'm fairly certain that you don't find that out until mid-summer.  That really sucks too, because if you don't get it, then you have to deal with finding an apartment (what I ended up doing).

I was poking around the housing website and logged into my account (I applied online).  Under the application tab, it reads "Room Reservation: HUGH L06-1," which I assume is good news.  I seem to remember the rooms having odd numbers like L06-1 (I'm guessing that indicates floor, suite, and room within suite maybe).

If you have a username/password, you may want to check it out. 

Maybe we're neighbors!       Room Reservation: HUGH G10-1

SugarJ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 13, 2007, 04:50:44 PM »
Just for reference, when did you guys submit your Hughes housing request? (in case I decide to do Hughes next year)
Cornell Class of 2011 (deferring for a year!)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=30secondstolaw

Hakuna matata

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2007, 07:22:19 PM »
Just for reference, when did you guys submit your Hughes housing request? (in case I decide to do Hughes next year)

i applied on april 18, 3 days after the deposit deadline. i didn't wait for the law school to send me any special housing info. i just called the cornell housing dept out of curiosity and they said the online app was available, so i applied.

Pelikan2

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2007, 08:38:53 PM »
I also applied online on April 16th.  I just stumbled upon the online application and thought I'd get a jump on everyone waiting for the mailed form. 
Cornell Law 2010

Rainwater

• AOL Instant Messenger - theblueraja21
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2007, 12:08:59 AM »
You guys, don't listen to whoisjohngalt, he has a civ pro final on TUESDAY and he's totally dicking around on facebook and other internets instead of studying... So you can tell he sucks at this whole law school thing.
Cornell Class of 2009!

whoisjohngalt

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I go to Cornell... ever heard of it?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2007, 01:06:44 PM »
You guys, don't listen to whoisjohngalt, he has a civ pro final on TUESDAY and he's totally dicking around on facebook and other internets instead of studying... So you can tell he sucks at this whole law school thing.

It's TRUE!   ::)

Oddibemcd

• Sr. Citizen
  • Take that Rocket
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2007, 04:20:06 PM »
I'm going to Ithaca to find an apartment in a week or so. Second deposit was just sent in and I'm starting to get a little excited about the change in lifestyle.

Hope that Civ final went well.
Attending: Cornell
In: Cornell, G-Town, W&M(w), FSU(w), U of Cincinnati(w), Santa Clara(w)
Held: Northwestern(w)
Waitlisted: Cardozo(w), Michigan(w), Penn
Out: Chicago, Yale, NYU, Columbia

171/3.4

somethingwitty

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2007, 04:40:10 PM »
does anyone know when would be too late to find decent housing in ithaca?  i'm on a couple waitlists, and i'd like to stay on them for a while--but is there any point at which i really just need to bite the bullet and find an apartment?

thanks!