Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Law Class of 2010 (or 2011)!!!  (Read 30730 times)

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Law Class of 2010 (or 2011)!!!
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2007, 10:30:07 PM »
Follow-up question regarding food at Cornell & Ithaca: I understand there's a good variety, I'll have to check out the local stuff, but what chains are on campus? Is there Subway or Quizno's around? I'm particularly interested in sandwich shops and asian food, but anything is helpful. Maybe there's a dining guide somewhere I missed.

There's a subway.  Also, Pita Pit, tons of pizza places, tons of asian places - good variety.

http://www.zicklin.com/restaurants.htm

Awesome! Any particular recommendations, if anything comes to mind?

Ruloff's is good, it's in collegetown (crummy service though).  The Commons has some great places to eat - I would go to Lost Dog Cafe or Mahogany Grill if you go down there.  Also, Moosewood is a very famous (top 10 most famous restaurant) restaurant down in the Commons - it's basically for vegetarians, but the food is still amazingly good.

That sounds good. I'm not a vegetarian but I don't need to have meat with every meal, though I love it! Did you get any sort of meal plan or anything? Where do most law students do lunch etc. while on campus?

I was thinking of getting the plan with $800 or so Big Red Bucks a semester and wondering how practical that would be to use around campus. I figure if I'm really dying for a decent meal, I can swipe in at the dining commons. Anyone else doing/going to do this?

Duke07

• AOL Instant Messenger - MegaConservative
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2007, 03:04:48 AM »
You can mark me down as part of the group coming to Ithaca in the fall... although having read this threat, the lack of wireless in the classrooms is quite disturbing!

'tiki

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2007, 10:21:09 AM »
regarding food variety if you want sandwiches, asian, or pizza you are covered. Besides what people have pointed out there's Jimmy John's which delivers.
I live off-campus and have the Ctown Meal Plan which has 10 meals and $700 BRBs a semester I think its great and has worked out for me I can get a hot chocolate and cookie a day in the library and get lunch or dinner in Ivy Room or Trillium. (Ivy Room is close to the law school, Trillium not so much.)

HTH

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2007, 06:09:23 PM »
Ivy Room looks awesome.

Literati DC

• I always wanted to go to school at Hogwarts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2007, 09:08:53 PM »
I live off-campus and have the Ctown Meal Plan which has 10 meals and $700 BRBs a semester I think its great and has worked out for me I can get a hot chocolate and cookie a day in the library and get lunch or dinner in Ivy Room or Trillium. (Ivy Room is close to the law school, Trillium not so much.) 

What's BRB's?  I go to a school where I've never had a meal plan, so I'm kinda excited.
Cornell Class of 2010!
I'm not scared of the cold, promise.

'tiki

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2007, 09:42:26 PM »
BRBs are Big Red Bucks, basically its a line of debit on your ID card and you use it at Cornell Dining locations and even some vending machines. There are also city bucks which you can add and those you can use at places like Rullofs, and a bunch of other restaurants.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2007, 11:22:11 PM »
Follow-up question regarding food at Cornell & Ithaca: I understand there's a good variety, I'll have to check out the local stuff, but what chains are on campus? Is there Subway or Quizno's around? I'm particularly interested in sandwich shops and asian food, but anything is helpful. Maybe there's a dining guide somewhere I missed.

There's a subway.  Also, Pita Pit, tons of pizza places, tons of asian places - good variety.

why would you go to Subway or pita pit when Collegetown Bagels is closer and better?  CTB is all you need.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

kellykellygg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2007, 11:25:04 PM »

why would you go to Subway or pita pit when Collegetown Bagels is closer and better?  CTB is all you need.

Yeah, I'm already planning to go to Collegetown Bagels everyday.  :)

Rockie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Scream for me LSD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2007, 11:48:49 PM »
So, is the consensus to get a dining plan (especially if you live at Hughes)?

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2007, 04:06:32 AM »

Do they have more than bagels, then?