Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just really frustrated about the lack of unrepresented minority at law schools..  (Read 21997 times)

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
I still don't see how it's possible for me to be condescending to someone that I don't consider myself superior to in any way, but you can believe what you want. 

It's pretty easy, actually.

Actually, it's not, unless you know a definition of condescend that I don't. 

http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+condescend&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

# debase oneself morally, act in an undignified, unworthy, or dishonorable way; "I won't stoop to reading other people's mail"

Just for starters.

And seriously Stan, STFU.

ouch.

::leaves::

This reminds me of Cheesesteak last night.

"::eats, shoots and leaves::"

:D
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
S2DNT, man, just cut your losses, eh?

Would it be unfair of me to equate "cut your losses" with "stop trying to learn something and better yourself through discussions with intelligent people?"  Exactly what am I losing?

Your credibility, perhaps.  Your first post in this thread was condescending, racist (in that it identified posters by race and then ascribed their grammar and spelling to their race), and thoughtless.  Defending it is not helping your cause.  You've admitted that you weren't being entirely thoughtful.  You've told us your post doesn't adequately represent your views.  Move on.  None of us are learning anything or bettering ourselves by arguing about your good intentions.

Again, I was not being condescending or racist, I did not ascribe grammar and spelling to race, and I have admitted that I may have been thoughtless.  None of you may be learning anything, but I certainly am.  This is my first serious foray into a LSD discussion, and I am learning a lot about how much I have to learn, and that even those who are more intellectually advanced than me are not perfect. 

On a positive note, I wish I was more knowledgable about case law (and law in general) in America.  Reading your posts in particular, and everyone's in general, has really opened my eyes to how much fun it will be to learn about the law. 

I will apologize if I've wasted anyone's time, and especially if I have offended anyone.

This is really all it came down to.

I'm going to drop the rest of it.  I suppose struggles can take care of herself now that she's back. 

You haven't done anything too egregious, but there are certain nuances that you don't seem to have picked up on.  I suppose Miss P and I are not helping by not pointing out where and how the things you've said have been offensive despite your protestations to the contrary.  That's my bad.  I'm lazy.  Sorry.

You should feel comforted by the fact that we're even having this discussion with you.  It means we don't think you're a troll and that you're actually worth debating this.  And I do appreciate your reflexivity.  I also now agree that you're being sincere.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
 :D

You remind me a lot of my roommate. 

Unless we're talking about vocal jazz or loud anime, that's a good thing, by the way.

struggles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
This thread jumped from 8 pages to 16 in a matter of hours and I haven't been able to read all of it as of yet (long hours at work!!)...so I'm a little lost...therefore, suffice to say, I'm not offended.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
lets not blame the prisons, lets not blame society, lets blame the blacks, latinos or whites or WHOEVER

MAKES THE FREE CHOICE TO COMMIT CRIME AND NOT STUDY FOR LSAT!

and jillybean said "in sports race doesnt matter because owners are just trying to get the "best" teams"

well, this should apply everywhere.  our country should have the best lawyers and dammnit, if blacks dont qualify, then there wont be any!    omg this is ridiculous! 
also, there are no black swimmers on the swim team- why? because none qualified!!! tell THAT to al sharpton!
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
lets not blame the prisons, lets not blame society, lets blame the blacks, latinos or whites or WHOEVER

and jillybean said "in sports race doesnt matter because owners are just trying to get the "best" teams"

well, this should apply everywhere.  our country should have the best lawyers and dammnit, if blacks dont qualify, then there wont be any!    omg this is ridiculous! 
also, there are no black swimmers on the swim team- why? because none qualified!!! tell THAT to al sharpton!

::) ::) ::)

Chibundu

• Sr. Citizen
  • PrimeTime!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bunz
    • View Profile
    • LSN

Are you serious?????
Bunz

SMU!!!!!

But still waiting to be called upon to be a Cougar-- UHLC

Law School 2007 Either Way!!!!

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
how could i not be serious?  MOST computer programmers are INDIAN but theres no outcry!
MOST fast runners are black!  Theres no outcry.

But when most lawyers are white, there is a problem??  It's called "finding what you are good at".  I am of Greek descent, european american, and im not a particularly fast athlete- should nfl teams HAVE to coddle me and train me because there is an underrepresented minority group of european americans in the NFL?? hell no!  why does it apply here?
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
You're flame, we get it.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile