Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just really frustrated about the lack of unrepresented minority at law schools..  (Read 23186 times)

Qui Ju

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
i suppose i'm just uncomfortable with the mechanical nature of the thing.  it's kind of like the spring gun thing.

also, notable first: May 9, 2007: miss p directs harsh words at stanley for the first time.  this brings the % of lsders to have done so up to 100.  :D

You don't think I directed harsh words at you in the "Anyone here think the LSAT is easy?" thread?  That's good, I suppose.  :D  Also, just to clarify, when I wrote that "HTFH" above, it wasn't directed at you but rather intended to signal to which post I was referring, where you had replaced my "HTH" with a "HTFH."

Never mind me.  I'm feeling even testier than usual because of exams.  No pun intended.

wait, i don't even remember posting in the LSAT is easy thread.  :D

no worries.  i understand.  just wanted to say :).

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
S2DNT, man, just cut your losses, eh?

Would it be unfair of me to equate "cut your losses" with "stop trying to learn something and better yourself through discussions with intelligent people?"  Exactly what am I losing?

Your credibility, perhaps.  Your first post in this thread was condescending, racist (in that it identified posters by race and then ascribed their grammar and spelling to their race), and thoughtless.  Defending it is not helping your cause.  You've admitted that you weren't being entirely thoughtful.  You've told us your post doesn't adequately represent your views.  Move on.  None of us are learning anything or bettering ourselves by arguing about your good intentions.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Sorry--there is something else I forgot to mention.  Admittedly, I am new at this whole "thinking" thing, but your saying that even you find my comment offensive does not mean it is offensive--just that you think it is.  

Actually, if your post offended someone (or, in this case, people), it is, by definition, offensive.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Miss P, Qui Ju is Stanley and I'm me

Oh, no, I know!  I may not have spent a lot of time in these parts lately, but I tend to keep up with these things.  I thought I had been harsh with all three of you, Kitty, Stanley, and Scott (RIP), in that thread ("fanboy," etc.).

Qui Ju

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

Oh, no, I know!  I may not have spent a lot of time in these parts lately, but I tend to keep up with these things.  I thought I had been harsh with all three of you, Kitty, Stanley, and Scott (RIP), in that thread ("fanboy," etc.).

oh right.  that WAS a pretty obnoxious exchange.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

::smiles meekly::  Sorry, I guess.  I was very angry.   :-\

Qui Ju

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

::smiles meekly::  Sorry, I guess.  I was very angry.   :-\

oh everybody yells sometimes.  you should see me.  i've destroyed continents.

Qui Ju

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I still don't see how it's possible for me to be condescending to someone that I don't consider myself superior to in any way, but you can believe what you want. 

It's pretty easy, actually.

Actually, it's not, unless you know a definition of condescend that I don't.  

:D :D :D

Qui Ju

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I still don't see how it's possible for me to be condescending to someone that I don't consider myself superior to in any way, but you can believe what you want. 

It's pretty easy, actually.

Actually, it's not, unless you know a definition of condescend that I don't. 

http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+condescend&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

# debase oneself morally, act in an undignified, unworthy, or dishonorable way; "I won't stoop to reading other people's mail"

Just for starters.

And seriously Stan, STFU.

ouch.

::leaves::

struggles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I don't think people who haven't worked very hard at educating themselves deserve my spot, and I don't particularly care what race they are. 

Struggles would be disappointed in you for minimizing the mountains he's climbed.

Not exactly, how many mountains had he climbed if he didn't work very hard at educating himself? he didn't climb that one, which is a big one.