Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just really frustrated about the lack of unrepresented minority at law schools..  (Read 23283 times)

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'm serious about my stance. I follow a lot of sports and watch ESPN often.  They have made some points that I think touch on some of the points raised in this thread. There is always an outcry for more black head coaches in the NFL and now owners are paying attention and hiring black head coaches. And rightfully so.

There are some people who think that AA is reverse racism. Well, like so many influnetial black people have pointed out, its impossible for black people to be racist because we don't have any power. We are the minority. If you don't understand this, its because you're probably not black.

That makes absolutely no sense. Are there any influential black people who had actually said this?

As others pointed out, possessing power is not a requisite component for racism. A backward hillbilly who spends his entire days drinking cheap whiskey, muttering angry threats against black people, and blaming them for all his failings has no power, objectively speaking. Would that lead you to deny that he is a racist?

leostrauss

• Sr. Citizen
  • The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
I'm serious about my stance. I follow a lot of sports and watch ESPN often.  They have made some points that I think touch on some of the points raised in this thread. There is always an outcry for more black head coaches in the NFL and now owners are paying attention and hiring black head coaches. And rightfully so.

There are some people who think that AA is reverse racism. Well, like so many influnetial black people have pointed out, its impossible for black people to be racist because we don't have any power. We are the minority. If you don't understand this, its because you're probably not black.

That makes absolutely no sense. Are there any influential black people who had actually said this?

As others pointed out, possessing power is not a requisite component for racism. A backward hillbilly who spends his entire days drinking cheap whiskey, muttering angry threats against black people, and blaming them for all his failings has no power, objectively speaking. Would that lead you to deny that he is a racist?

Is this hillbilly black or white? does it make a difference?
…no bloody or unbloody change of society can eradicate the evil in man: as long as there will be men, there will be malice, envy and hatred, and hence there cannot be a society which does not have to employ coercive restraint.

– Leo Strauss, The City and Man, page 5

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Doesn't matter, strictly speaking. Let's say white, just to keep to the Southern stereotypes.

leostrauss

• Sr. Citizen
  • The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
Doesn't matter, strictly speaking. Let's say white, just to keep to the Southern stereotypes.

I hate southern stereotypes worse than anything in the entire world - seriously. You have officially made my day worse. Thanks.

*quietly fumes and takes note of signs of increased blood pressure*
…no bloody or unbloody change of society can eradicate the evil in man: as long as there will be men, there will be malice, envy and hatred, and hence there cannot be a society which does not have to employ coercive restraint.

– Leo Strauss, The City and Man, page 5

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I don't think I've ever read anything on these boards that made me even a little frustrated. Take it easy. The interweb is not serious business, contrary to the popular meme.

cowher101

• View Profile
    • Email
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are great leaders of the black movement in this country.  And through their leadership we've gotten a lot done. We now have AA and we took out that racist Don Imus.

Reparations are needed. We need to be paid back..... and gimme my law degree, thank you.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
Thank you for stating facts and conclusions.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are great leaders of the black movement in this country.  And through their leadership we've gotten a lot done. We now have AA and we took out that racist Don Imus.

Reparations are needed. We need to be paid back..... and gimme my law degree, thank you.

Gotta be a flame.

A rare moment of insight.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

struggles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Wow is everything you don't agree with a flame?  ???

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
Wow is everything you don't agree with a flame?  ???

No.  Just things that are obviously intended to be provocative without lending any insight.

By the way, you should come out to our San Francisco LSD meetings!   ;D

J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all.