Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 418493 times)

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
Re: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010
« Reply #5450 on: September 28, 2009, 04:39:54 PM »
I don't think we should take ConLaw as 1Ls (which ConLaw would it be, anyway?).

In any case, as for the clinic prereq issue: talk to the clinic director in question (if you really do have a good shot at getting into the clinic). I'm in a clinic right now despite not having one of the prereqs because the director was willing to waive the requirement. Although, if I'm guessing right, you probably do want to take CrimPro I with McAdams over ConLaw III with Stone.
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

Illini Boy

• View Profile
Re: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010
« Reply #5451 on: September 30, 2009, 05:13:25 PM »
Are all LLMs gunners? I don't remember that being the case 1L year. Do they eventually have the gunnerishness drained from them?

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: September 30, 2009, 05:31:01 PM »
Are all LLMs gunners? I don't remember that being the case 1L year. Do they eventually have the gunnerishness drained from them?

Yes. No.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: September 30, 2009, 06:51:05 PM »
In Trusts and Estates, there are several people that have a 95% market share of all comments.  The percentage and number ratio is even worse in Tax, which seems to be dominated by three people.

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5454 on: September 30, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »
In Trusts and Estates, there are several people that have a 95% market share of all comments.  The percentage and number ratio is even worse in Tax, which seems to be dominated by three people.

The same people who dominated in my tax class last year also happen to dominate in our T&E class. Odd.
U of C 2010

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

The same people who dominated in my tax class last year also happen to dominate in our T&E class. Odd.

Surely, it must be a conspiracy to annoy.

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email

How is that possible? I'm not even in T&E.

You must have misread. I didn't say the same people who skipped 95% of the tax classes speak in T&E. Sorry for the confusion.
U of C 2010

Bathing Jesus

• View Profile
Re: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2
« Reply #5457 on: October 01, 2009, 05:40:50 PM »
I had no idea some of the 2Ls in here were still posting.  Back on the saddle!

Anyone have any supplement recommendations for Secured Transactions with Baird or Landes' Trademarks and Unfair Competition class?

IlliniBoy

• View Profile
    • Email
You and I are law firm buddies, Hipcat. Different cities though.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'm also firm buddies with you two.  But in the general sense that I will be working at a firm.  ITE, I guess it's a good a fraternity as any.

Do 2Ls have any tips about getting offers?  I'm not that worried, but I would like to sharpen my Westlaw skills or something if it helps.