Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 418417 times)

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010
« Reply #5390 on: September 15, 2009, 01:41:04 AM »
All of the talk going on about lack of CBs and OCI sucking this year has me itching to transfer to Yale (before classes even start, I know...I'm gay). How hard would that be from Chicago (would top 15-25% do it seeing as its not much more than lateral move)?

Seriously?  SERIOUSLY?

BTW, we have a chapter of Outlaws that would be happy to welcome you.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

ChiTown007

• View Profile
Re: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010
« Reply #5391 on: September 15, 2009, 01:44:56 AM »
Yeah...seriously lol...my life has always been in chicago, I didn't even apply to any non-midwest schools...now I REALLY want to go to Yale (I dont think H or S would be worth the hassle for a negligibly more marketable degree). I am wondering how difficult that would be.

Illini Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: September 15, 2009, 04:16:55 PM »
If you have good enough grades to transfer to Yale, you'll have good enough grades to work wherever you want out of Chicago.

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5393 on: September 15, 2009, 06:52:17 PM »
Yeah...seriously lol...my life has always been in chicago, I didn't even apply to any non-midwest schools...now I REALLY want to go to Yale (I dont think H or S would be worth the hassle for a negligibly more marketable degree). I am wondering how difficult that would be.

I'm seeing bottom 1/3 in your future. Relax a bit and your chances might improve.
U of C 2010

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: September 15, 2009, 07:57:33 PM »
Unrelated question: what is the credited supplement for Con Law I—even though I know Huq hasn't taught here before—and Con Law III? Just the Aspen Chemerinsky book?

I've never gotten into the supplement thing. Are they useful?

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5395 on: September 15, 2009, 08:37:20 PM »
Unrelated question: what is the credited supplement for Con Law I—even though I know Huq hasn't taught here before—and Con Law III? Just the Aspen Chemerinsky book?

I've never gotten into the supplement thing. Are they useful?

Highly depends on the class.

I think Chemerinsky is TCR if you're going to get one but I've never taken Con Law so what do I know.
U of C 2010

treefity350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: September 16, 2009, 12:04:34 PM »
If you have good enough grades to transfer to Yale, you'll have good enough grades to work wherever you want out of Chicago.

titcr
Remember when I was at the picnic - the company picnic - and I hit the ball over the fence? You guys didn't think I'd catch it too but I did. I'm fast as s**t - 17 stolen bases in '72, 18 in '91.

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2
« Reply #5397 on: September 16, 2009, 04:42:04 PM »
So pontus's emails are disappointing.

First, obviously, best of luck to him at the U dub.

Second, since masur's admin class is remaining in its winter timeslot head to head with strauss's fed jur, which of the preferable pairing?

Fall admin gersen, winter fed jur strauss
winter admin masur, fall fed jur mortara
one this year & cross fingers about timing for 3L

I'd do Mortara/Masur but whatever you decide I wouldn't count on anything working 3L year if you're that interested in it.
U of C 2010

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
Re: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2
« Reply #5398 on: September 16, 2009, 04:50:57 PM »
So pontus's emails are disappointing.

First, obviously, best of luck to him at the U dub.

Second, since masur's admin class is remaining in its winter timeslot head to head with strauss's fed jur, which of the preferable pairing?

Fall admin gersen, winter fed jur strauss
winter admin masur, fall fed jur mortara
one this year & cross fingers about timing for 3L

I would take Fed Jur in 3L year, generally speaking. There were a lot more 3Ls than 2Ls in my class. Of course, in practice, I took Fed Jur with Strauss as a 2L (loved it), and will take Admin with Masur as a 3L (Gersen's Admin conflicts with Antitrust).

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: September 16, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »
I would take Admin with Masur this year (loved it!) and FedJur with Strauss next year.  I took it as a 2L, but wish I had waited.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.